Stone Glacier De Havilland Jacket and Pant Review, by Jared Radosevich

Kinda bringing this one back from the past, but do you have an update for the pants? They were recommended to me recently and seem like they may work well. I am curious, how wind resistant are the pants? What is the lowest temp you would be comfortable using them (with proper layer underneath, activity being hiking for a few miles then glass for a few hours)?
I just bought myself the pants and will be taking these out myself here. I'm sure the OP has much better information for you. I'm hoping for an August Caribou, a serious attempt at a Moose and then I have a 11 day Dall Sheep Hunt this October. I'll try to hit you up with information as it comes available. Curious as to WyoBowhunter21s updates as well!

Kinda bringing this one back from the past, but do you have an update for the pants? They were recommended to me recently and seem like they may work well. I am curious, how wind resistant are the pants? What is the lowest temp you would be comfortable using them (with proper layer underneath, activity being hiking for a few miles then glass for a few hours)?
I just was going through my posts and realized I never touched in this. To answer your questions, they do really well in the wind. I was surprised with the full side zips as the wind didn’t get through. I honestly wore them elk hunting on the Wyoming plains in -5 F. I had on heavy weight bottoms and the pants. I was chilled when I stopped but while moving I was fine. If I was to glad for a bit, i would get a set of down pants to go over the top.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I just was going through my posts and realized I never touched in this. To answer your questions, they do really well in the wind. I was surprised with the full side zips as the wind didn’t get through. I honestly wore them elk hunting on the Wyoming plains in -5 F. I had on heavy weight bottoms and the pants. I was chilled when I stopped but while moving I was fine. If I was to glad for a bit, i would get a set of down pants to go over the top.
Sweet! That's great to hear. I hunt a fair amount of single digit temps with some wind, so it's pretty important in that scenario! Sounds like they will work well for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I’m excited, I have my complete setup coming. I have the Black Ovis 250g NWT bottoms, SG De Havilland, M65 military pants and the Chugachs. I will for sure see negative temps in November for the one week Archery Moose if I don’t get one the first 15 days of September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfittro

FNG
Awesome review! Very helpful. Good information on the jacket as well. Couldn’t agree more, I like a pant that can be used for dual purpose.

Any update on the “swooshiness”? Did the pants & jacket quiet down noticeably after some use and washings?