Stone Glacier De Havilland Lite Pant Review, By Jake Potter

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
My experience with the De Havilland Lite’s below...

I’m 6’3” and 220 lbs with an actual waist measurement of 39”-39.5”. I typically wear 36” waist jeans and I’m either 34” or 36” inseam depending on the brand (no one can seem to make consistent accurate inseams...). For comparison sake, my Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants are a 36x34 and fit as if they were tailored to me.

I tried a straight XL in the De Havilland pants to start as I was dead in the middle of a L and XL in the waist. They were ridiculously long, ridiculously baggy and a bit loose in the waist even with the Velcro in the smallest setting. I didn’t actually measure the inseam but they were 35” on paper but they felt more like all of 36”.

I exchanged for a L and the waist fits perfect with the Velcro all the way at its largest setting, the cut is what I’d describe as relaxed - not too baggy but not too tight, but the length is still a tad long. These are a 34” on paper but measure closer to a 35”. I kept this pair, but would prefer the inseam a tad shorter, which I rarely ever say being 6’3”

In theory I think the adjustable waist system is a good idea, but in practice I don‘t think you can execute it well because of the cut in the legs. Between my L and XL, being on both extremes of the velcro, the legs seems to be cut for the largest waist size, so if you’re on the upper end, they’ll probably fit pretty good, but if you’re on the lower end they’ll probably be super baggy. Bottom line, if they fit you they’re a great pair of pants, but I could do without the adjustable waist.

KBrangers

FNG
I was super excited to learn about stone glacier as I live in Montana but was a bit bummed to find out it’s only their packs that are made local... everything else is made over seas