Stone Glacier De Havilland Lite Pant Review?

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone test the lite version yet?

looking for something to complement my Sitka apex pants when it’s HOT

I have them and thus far have absolutely loved them! They're my first stone glacier pants so I don't have a comparison to the regulars, but I was slightly surprised with how heavy the "lite" version was. I've uses obsidians and zions the last few seasons, and I can say that these are heavier but worth the weight. The dwr works well, I love the hip zips and adjustable zipper system. I'm not a huge fan of only the belt and zipper, no button, but I can get over it. They're very comfy, stretch well, and I really like the pocket layout. All in all, a fantastic pant so far!

OP
7raptor

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
I have them and thus far have absolutely loved them! They're my first stone glacier pants so I don't have a comparison to the regulars, but I was slightly surprised with how heavy the "lite" version was. I've uses obsidians and zions the last few seasons, and I can say that these are heavier but worth the weight. The dwr works well, I love the hip zips and adjustable zipper system. I'm not a huge fan of only the belt and zipper, no button, but I can get over it. They're very comfy, stretch well, and I really like the pocket layout. All in all, a fantastic pant so far!
Are they noisy?

Are they noisy?
Yes, very noisy in my opinion. It's hard to quantify, but, maybe 25% noisyer than my zions? Give or take. If dead silence is a must have for you, there are better pants on the market for sure. My kuiu Kutana were significantly quieter, as are my obsidians. I do think I like these better, because of the ease of stretching while hiking and the stratum system. But it's a close competition for sure

Sadler

WKR
I had some and sent them back. Great fit, big fan of the built in belt but damn they’re noisy. Not an issue for later in the season but I planned on using them in September while hunting with a recurve.

OP
7raptor

7raptor

Lil-Rokslider
I had some and sent them back. Great fit, big fan of the built in belt but damn they’re noisy. Not an issue for later in the season but I planned on using them in September while hunting with a recurve.
Noisier than a Sitka mountain pant? Would love a pant that was like a solid color apex...

TravKatQ

WKR
Noisier than a Sitka mountain pant? Would love a pant that was like a solid color apex...

Definitely noisier than the Sitka mountain pant. Just got a pair of the SG lites and ran them on a hog hunt this weekend, super comfortable but pretty dang noisy. Hopefully they will break in some and quite down. Still a great pant overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadler

WKR
Not sure on that but they were approaching the rain pant level of noise. If you want something In The same realm as the apex and in a solid, check out kuiu katana.

might just be me, but I think the sizing is a bit odd. I have the regular De Havilland in Large and it fits well. The light version was too big. Might just be because the fabric is thinner, but the sizing was off in the waist as well.

They're way noisier than the apex pant, id say they're similar or maybe even noisier than the timberline. They're the same material as the regular dehavilland pant i think, just not as thick. I agree that he sizing is off but i like both pants a lot. My regular dehavilland are a medium tall and the lites i got are medium, but the lites are a little baggier and almost the same length as the tall ones. I hemmed and pegged them both since i hate baggy pants. I pretty much do this to all my hunting pants, except the sitka apex cause they werent as baggy

I just received these DH Lite pants. They fit great without any alteration. So that is a win over my favorite Kuiu pants. However, they are "piss your hunting partner off noisy". Does anyone one know if they will become more quiet with time, use, and washes?

Vandy321

WKR
I just received these DH Lite pants. They fit great without any alteration. So that is a win over my favorite Kuiu pants. However, they are "piss your hunting partner off noisy". Does anyone one know if they will become more quiet with time, use, and washes?
They will never be as quiet as the KUIU pro/attack. I have the Pro, the DH and the DH lite. All have their place. If it's archery, it's the kuiu pro for the fabric and built in knee pads.

ZackP

WKR
I don’t have the light, but I do have the DH.
I agree they are noisy! But prefer them 10 fold over the KUIU attack for fit and comfort.

I too am curious if the noise ever quiets down a bit.

Taking advantage of the north Texas ice day, I just did a quick 4 mile 50# ruck with my DH Lite pants. Noise be damned, they're keepers for sure. They fit me perfect and feel great under the hip belt. More details and comparisons later when I feel like typing.