Stone Glacier EVO 3300

RAPTOR

WKR
Has anyone carried a camp bag in the SG3300? Curious how a bag with my tent, food, etc would work on their load shelf. Everything I would carry while hunting would always be in the main bag (first aid, water filtration, extra jacket, kill kit, misc. supplies kit, etc.). My current setup allows me to drop off camp bag, and be ready to hunt in very little time. I am not sure if the shelf would support a camp bag setup very well or of it is more suited to wrapping around meat.
These pics are straight from their website with their load cell dry bag.

Attachments

• 43F30D5A-8E79-444B-A80F-45D0D6E64BF5.jpeg
    43F30D5A-8E79-444B-A80F-45D0D6E64BF5.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 2966A20C-31A4-4039-8490-6BF9EB458C58.jpeg
    2966A20C-31A4-4039-8490-6BF9EB458C58.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 34
OP
prm

prm

WKR
@prm I have both an SG X-Curve and a Kifaru Tactical frame. Both are very nice products. When I want to be light no doubt I'm grabbing the SG. If I kill something a ways from the trailhead I might go back for load #2 with the Kifaru because I think the taller belt helps it carry weight better. If I could only have one it would be the SG, because it fits my style of hunting better.

Did you try the EVO frame? I have a Kifaru Duplex Hunter frame which I like, also like the Kuiu frame. No easy way to try both the EVO and Xcurve frame. The more I read the more it sounds like folks like one or the other, not both.

I have an SG Evo and a friend has the X curve. I was second guessing my choice and asked to try his pack. Realized I like the Evo better. I think it's all just a matter of personal preference. They're both good frames.

I'm also getting a kick out of the comments about buckles. I have an Osprey Exos 58, and the buckles on that are downright dainty compared to SG. They still do what they're supposed to. Granted, I wouldn't use the Osprey to pack out an elk, but that's not what it's made for, either.

I’ve owned both Kifaru and SG. My previous pack was a Kifaru 44 mag on a duplex tactical frame. My current pack is a SG solo 3600 on an x curve frame with a sky series lid.

I’ve packed out full mule deer bucks on the bone with both packs. Surprisingly the SG seemed to carry the weight better imo. My Kifaru would creak and pop under that kind of weight while my SG didn’t make a sound. The load shelf on the SG is easier to use imo, but I usually just put the meat in the main part of the pack.

I read guys arguing about the difference in the 500D cordura being different in both packs. I would tend to agree just based on feel. Kifaru seems thicker to the touch. However, in my experience the SG was a superior pack. The Kifarus just have to much going on with all the buckles and webbing everywhere.

If you’re gonna go with one of the smaller packs from SG I’d say go with the solo instead of the evo. It has a spotter compartment and you get 300 more cubic inches of space.

RAPTOR

WKR
Did you try the EVO frame? I have a Kifaru Duplex Hunter frame which I like, also like the Kuiu frame. No easy way to try both the EVO and Xcurve frame. The more I read the more it sounds like folks like one or the other, not both.
I have a flatter back profile, so the krux evo is what I like. Depends on your back.

pcrossett

FNG
I ended up pairing my SG Evo 3300 with an access bag and I think the combination of the two is perfect for 2-5 days depending on how you pack. It took a few rucks and watching their sizing video (here is a more current one) to get it set up properly, but it has worked nothing less than great after that.

bober90

FNG
I ended up pairing my SG Evo 3300 with an access bag and I think the combination of the two is perfect for 2-5 days depending on how you pack. It took a few rucks and watching their sizing video (here is a more current one) to get it set up properly, but it has worked nothing less than great after that.
This is what I run and it's great. Was able to easily do 5 nights during archery season this year.

I also have no durability concerns after running the Evo 3300 the last two seasons. It's busted through thick brush without any issues and still looks in great condition. SG make a great pack.

I have the solo 3600 bag and I really only use it for day hunts. I'd rather just have a bigger bag if packing anything but a very light summer overnighter. I'm not a very organized guy though and i get irritated if I have to have everything arranged just right to make it fit.

I did a private land elk hunt this year and shuttled all the meat to the truck (not far) using both my XCurve and another guy's MR Sawtooth. The sawtooth design was way quicker getting things on and off the meatshelf which was a notable convenience on short meat shuttling trips where i loaded/unloaded 4 loads within about 90 minutes. While the SG meat shelf works well, its kind of a strappy PITA reconfiguring the bag and straps to use the meat shelf.

I've never broken a buckle on the SG and it's seen a fair bit of use.