Stone Glacier for short people?

Hey everyone,

I have a Kifaru duplex lite at the moment and I am currently ordering aluminum stays for it so I can bend them a bit flatter than the semi flat composite stays. I am also breaking in the lumbar pad as Kifaru has suggested to me. I’m going to see if this solves my problems; however, I am also curious after watching some videos from stone glacier about the Krux Evo frame. Are there any short guys here using it?

They mention in one of their videos it’s the preferred frame for short people and the way my back profile is, I am wondering if the krux may be a route for me to look into, thanks for any opinions and information!

I’m 5’6 and use the Krux Evo. I love it. I have a 28” waist and get SG to make a custom Small/Medium belt.
9d0d9b0c19ee014b4cd7a6dcdbee8261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 5’ 5. I have been a kifaru guy for a few years now and recently got the x curve frame. If I look uphill my head does rub a little bit on the frame. That’s the only downside I’m seeing so far. The curve of the frame fits my back profile better than the kifaru. Ive also found the lumbar pad feels better as well. The kifaru pad feels like a stiff couch cushion where the SG is hardly noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E
Thanks for the info! So after breaking in the lumbar pad. I am glad I ordered aluminum as the curvature of my back is lower than either of the two stay profiles. I’m now getting pressure on the middle of my back with the semi flats. I’ll have to investigate stone after elk season it seems and just use the aluminums for now.

LWPost

FNG
I'm 5'6 and have a Krux Evo in the mail based on SG's advice. Will update when I start breaking it in.

kcm2

WKR
I am 5'6" and have used exclusively Kifaru since 1998. You just need to get it dialed in. My last two Kifaru packs, a Mtn Warrior on a tactical frame and a minikeg, fit perfectly. Call Aron if you haven't done so already.