Stone glacier frame

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking of getting an Avail 2200 and adding a frame to use when needed. Which frame do you recommend? Can the frame be used as a stand alone hauler? How long does it take to switch things around? Thanks

Rodéo

WKR
I have an avail and an xcurve minimalist set up. For longer hunts I'll strap the avail to the xcurve, takes less than a few minutes to get from the minimalist set up to having the avail on the frame if you know what you're doing.

I liked the xcurve more than the krux after trying both but I suggest you do the same since the xcurve doesn't seem to fit everyone the same way. Xcurve can be used as a stand alone hauler in minimalist mode (dry bag, meat shelf).

OP
P

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have the option of trying both frames so what do you like better about the xcurve? Thanks

eatonc926

FNG
I have an xcurve. They have a decent video on YouTube about the difference in the frames that might help you decide. Any bag will fit on any frame. All of the frames have the ability to be used as a stand alone hauler.

OP
P

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
How is the waistbelt sizing? I’m a 36” pants which puts me in a medium belt but does that account for heavier winter clothes?

SLM

FNG
I’ve got the Avail and Approach that I use on the X-Curve frame. I ordered both the X-Curve and the EVO to try and found the X-Curve fit me better. Like mentioned above, the bags switch out easy.

md126

WKR
Attaching the bag to the frame is a quick and easy process. No worries there.

Order both frames to try and send back the one that doesn’t fit you. Me personally I love the fit of the X Curve over any other frame from any company.

I’d also stick with the medium belt. Better to be a little snug than too loose in my opinion. Again, if necessary you can exchange it for a large.

SG has A+++ customer service