Stone Glacier Guide 7900

Awesome is all I can say. It’ll cinch down to nothing for day trips and it’s got a huge capacity. Depending on your kit 5-7+ days of food wouldn’t be far fetched. As far as downsides, honestly I can’t think of any. It has enough organization for me, but I’m pretty minimal when it comes to that stuff anyhow.

I’m pretty sure I could fit 5 days of food plus my kit plus a packraft in there(Caribou).

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Awesome is all I can say. It’ll cinch down to nothing for day trips and it’s got a huge capacity. Depending on your kit 5-7+ days of food wouldn’t be far fetched. As far as downsides, honestly I can’t think of any. It has enough organization for me, but I’m pretty minimal when it comes to that stuff anyhow.

I’m pretty sure I could fit 5 days of food plus my kit plus a packraft in there(Caribou).

Awesome, ordered one today.

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
Glad you like it. I still need to fiddle with mine. It seems that when the shoulder straps
are in the right place the belt is a little low. Hopefully, I can figure it out. I only have
three days on it so far.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Glad you like it. I still need to fiddle with mine. It seems that when the shoulder straps
are in the right place the belt is a little low. Hopefully, I can figure it out. I only have
three days on it so far.

My frame already fit fairly well as I’d used a solo bag for awhile. I havnt had the guide fully lodged up but I’m going to really enjoy the extra space. My solo was like playing Tetris for a 3-4 day hunt. I’d usually have to strap stuff to the outside of the pack just to make it work. I’m really hoping this guide is THE pack, so far, I like everything about it but I probably won’t get to do any real biking with it for quite awhile since winter is in full effect here now.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Oh my goodness. I you're right. I was thinking this thread was about the 6900 but, ...
I realize that it's not. Cheers!

Same general thing, same frame, same construction just slightly different bag layout.

Athame

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I wasn't paying close enough attention. I bet that 7900 can get huge. I know I loaded my 6900
to the gills just to check it out.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah, I wasn't paying close enough attention. I bet that 7900 can get huge. I know I loaded my 6900
to the gills just to check it out.

That full length zip on the 6900 is nice, that’s the best thing about my fulcrum bag imo.

akbrett

FNG
love my 7900, have used it for 2 seasons now. it’ll haul everything you need for a 10-14day hunt. the quick release gun sling is awesome would recommend getting one if you don’t already

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
love my 7900, have used it for 2 seasons now. it’ll haul everything you need for a 10-14day hunt. the quick release gun sling is awesome would recommend getting one if you don’t already
I have one.

Block

WKR
I just bought a 6900 and only have a handful of day hikes with it,, love it so far! We shall see if it hauls an animal out as good as my Kifaru,,, but the layout and comfort so far with 30-50# is awesome. That X curve frame is a winner for sure..

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just bought a 6900 and only have a handful of day hikes with it,, love it so far! We shall see if it hauls an animal out as good as my Kifaru,,, but the layout and comfort so far with 30-50# is awesome. That X curve frame is a winner for sure..

I think my SG frame handles the load as good if not better than the kifaru frame.

After getting an X-curve frame and carrying weight on it i sold my Kifaru Duplex and bikini frames. They were both good, but the x-curve fit me better and was more comfortable with light or heavy weight. I have the 5900 and 7900 bags.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
After getting an X-curve frame and carrying weight on it i sold my Kifaru Duplex and bikini frames. They were both good, but the x-curve fit me better and was more comfortable with light or heavy weight. I have the 5900 and 7900 bags.
Same here, my Kifaru frame is just a workout pack now, I have a 60ish pound sandbag on the frame with a cargo net, I use it for training and thats it. I suppose I could press it into service as a loaner if needed but for the past few years its just been my workout pack.