Stone Glacier M5 Pant and Jacket Review, By Jake Potter

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
M5FULL1-e1594836795922.jpg

We are at about the mid-point of summer and most of us are working through our hunt prep for the upcoming season. Solid rain gear can make or break a hunting trip if the weather turns bad. Give this latest article from @Jpott3 (Jake Potter) a read if you are still looking for the right raingear for you.

Stone Glacier M5 Pant and Jacket Review

Thank you Justin! I stopped by the showroom in Bozeman while on a two week road trip. Andrew helped fit my pack and gave a lot of great pointers. The guys were great! I also got a chance to try on all of the gear. I’ll be listing some of my Sitka gear to replace it with SG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
How was your experience with the face fabric and the DWR coating? I have read a couple places that the jacket seems to wet out quickly.

I wouldn’t say it wets out faster than other quality rain gear, I think the issue is it may appear so because of the solid coloring SG uses. It’s harder to tell when a Camo piece is wetted out where this is obviously darker. Hope that makes sense.

How’s the sizing?

I usually wear a medium - however I don’t want to order a medium and not be able to layer underneath it. Is it sized with layering in mind or should I go up a size?

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
How’s the sizing?

I usually wear a medium - however I don’t want to order a medium and not be able to layer underneath it. Is it sized with layering in mind or should I go up a size?

I ordered a size up in the jacket for that reason and am happy I did. I would recommend trying a Large first since this is cut so athletically.

jfittro

FNG
Another great review. I am needing to invest in new rain gear. Very important as I am a fellow Washingtonian. I have been looking at sitkas cloudburst or first lite seal storm tight gear, How would you say the m5 compares? I have worn the de havilland gear but have not tried on the m5 series yet but if it’s anything like the havilland pants I’m sure it’s comfortable. Thanks for the help @Jpott3

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Another great review. I am needing to invest in new rain gear. Very important as I am a fellow Washingtonian. I have been looking at sitkas cloudburst or first lite seal storm tight gear, How would you say the m5 compares? I have worn the de havilland gear but have not tried on the m5 series yet but if it’s anything like the havilland pants I’m sure it’s comfortable. Thanks for the help @Jpott3

I’ve never used the first lite rain gear, but I do own a set of cloudburst and they are very compatible with the M5. I would say the M5 is more packable but the cloudburst jacket has better pockets. You can’t go wrong with either one, if you have the havilland pants I would go with the M5 so you could utilize the zip system

d_worno-1986

Lil-Rokslider
Does this gear seem durable enough to bust the kind of brush while chasing moose in Alaska too? I’m looking to get a new set. Something light and usable for sheep, but strong enough for low land moose and brown bear