Stone Glacier M5 Rain Gear, User Reviews.

OP
B_Reynolds_AK
Does the jacket feel like it's durable?

I would say medium duty like the Kuiu Chugach line. I could see bushwacking taking a toll on it.

As far as color, there is generally a lot more light gray in an alpine sheep environment than ranger green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
I would say medium duty like the Kuiu Chugach line. I could see bushwacking taking a toll on it.

As far as color, there is generally a lot more light gray in an alpine sheep environment than ranger green.

Got it.

Yeah. I thought of that with the gray. Not everyone hunts in the alpine. . and gray's ugly.

lintond

WKR
Can any of you guys that have had to M5 for awhile come back and give us an update?

I’ve been happy with mine. Had to tell myself to put it in the gear closet cause I was wearing it around town and walking the dogs too much. Didn’t want to wear it out doing non essential activities.

Fit and function have been just what I wanted.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Can any of you guys that have had to M5 for awhile come back and give us an update?

I’ve used it for a few years and I hate it. It were out and the pockets are always damp and clammy. I should have never sold my Yukon set and gone looking for the “next best thing”. I’d like to buy a new Yukon set.

archp625

WKR
I’ve used it for a few years and I hate it. It were out and the pockets are always damp and clammy. I should have never sold my Yukon set and gone looking for the “next best thing”. I’d like to buy a new Yukon set.
Is that the KUIU Yukon jacking or that long Sitka coat? Thanks for your honest review.

WyoArk

FNG
Would the M5 hold up to 10 days bushwhacking in south east Alaska? Heavy rain is expected most days. Headed up to Bozeman next weekend and the M5 is on my radar.

I had an M5 rain jacket that fell off back of my office chair. the wheel rolled over it while sitting and I weigh 185lbs. the wheel cut straight through the poly face fabric into the membrane.

I ended up buying sitka dew point. The face fabric is nylon and its 20D. It is lighter than the M5 and seems much tougher. Also, the DWR on the dew point actually works whereas the M5 wetted out immediately.

sr80

WKR
I had an M5 rain jacket that fell off back of my office chair. the wheel rolled over it while sitting and I weigh 185lbs. the wheel cut straight through the poly face fabric into the membrane.

I ended up buying sitka dew point. The face fabric is nylon and its 20D. It is lighter than the M5 and seems much tougher. Also, the DWR on the dew point actually works whereas the M5 wetted out immediately.
the new dew point rain gear is pretty amazing for how light weight it is. Durable and breathes very well for rain gear.