Stone Glacier M5 vs 2021 Sitka Dewpoint

Wapiti16

FNG
Sitka just released their updated 2021 version of their lightweight rain gear, the Dewpoint Jacket and Pants. Whoever gets their hands on a set first, I'd love to hear the comparison between it and the Stone Glacier M5 raingear. Most of my clothing kit is Sitka and Stone Glacier gear already, I doubt you could go wrong either way, just wanting some Rokslide reactions. Was planning on getting an M5 set for the upcoming season, but I'd like to know how this new Sitka set compares before I pull the trigger.

Kotaman

WKR
I’ll have both next week, but I’ll be gone hunting. Will try to update when I get back. If I forget, PM me in a couple weeks.

TheCoyote

FNG
Yes! I have the same exact question! Thank you for posting this Wapiti16.
I also want to know which one is the most quiet? If I had to guess i'd say the Sitka.

Let us know Kotaman.

See this thread. Dewpoint 2021

My thoughts on noise level was that they are pretty similar, with dewpoint possibly being a little quieter, but probably not enough for it to matter.

After fondling them both in store side by side multiple times over the course of about a week, I decided to go with the m5 for longevity. I'm not easy on gear and I thought the extra 5oz was worthwhile insurance against ripping a hole in it.

Kotaman

WKR
Initial thoughts...M5 is no doubt more robust, but heavier. Sitka is going to be exactly what I hoped it would be...Perfect, ultra lightweight rain gear for the pack for mountain hunts. Neither are quiet, but I’ve yet to find rain gear that works, that is quiet. Both quiet enough while raining though. I really can’t say one is quieter than the other.

I have yet to try either in extreme conditions though.

From a “fit” standpoint, the Sitka fits me better as the SG is kind of long and skinny and I’m not. 🤣. The XXL fits me perfect in the Sitka. I seem to fall between a XL and XXL in the M5 as the XL is just a hair snug and the XXL was way too long and big.

Both are quality pieces...

cronsman

WKR
I think it depends on what you are trying to do with it. Sitka will be lighter and probably a bit less durable (mine is in the mail) while the M5 will be heavier and a bit more resistant. Pros and cons to each