Stone Glacier or EXO

Jroyce3

FNG
Just curious, do you prefer Stone Glacier Solo or Exo K3 3200 from those who use them and why?

TheTone

WKR
I went exo after looking at both for a while. I liked the bag layout a bit more, adjustable frame height and thought the finish on the exo was better and cleaner. A friend with both liked his exo enough more that he sold his SG and bought a second exo

Vandy321

WKR
SG x-curve..no shifting, flexing, creaking under weight like my Exo K3....and half the weight as a similar sized kifaru. I've owned all 3 brands the SG is far and above my favorite. But, you'll get a different opinion from almost everyone you ask.

Last edited:

WyoKid

WKR
There are too many variables. I look at fit and comfort and weight above name brand since I am on the short and slim side. I had a hard time with some of the top brands fitting right either because of the frame length, shoulder straps or belt size. You might end up down the rabbit hole trying them all with weight inside to see what works best. With the right pack for your body, it makes a huge difference when packing weight over rough terrain.

A guy I met on a hunt was showing me his SG and pointed out the waterproof lining on the back side of the bag where it rests against game bags when loaded in the meat shelf. He claims the exo doesn't have the same waterproofing so blood can soak into the bag. Anyone know if this is true? I couldn't find it on their website.

Seay

FNG
A guy I met on a hunt was showing me his SG and pointed out the waterproof lining on the back side of the bag where it rests against game bags when loaded in the meat shelf. He claims the exo doesn't have the same waterproofing so blood can soak into the bag. Anyone know if this is true? I couldn't find it on their website.

Exo runs a waterproof pocket for the water bladder right up against the back of the bag. This acts as the same barrier your talking about while also protecting everything in the bag from any water bladder leaks, punctures or bursts.

Not an exo owner yet but have been watching DAYS worth of reviews and I think exo has won me over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ebf3e521b4793e7294f183bc2c9042d6.jpg

Last edited:

Jbxl20

WKR
The EXO bag is not waterproof so the fabric might get stained but they have a waterproof liner between the main bag and where you would put your water bladder. That way if your bladder would leak, your contents in your main bag would stay dry. I believe the also advertised putting wet clothes or rain gear in that compartment to keep your main bag dry. So with all that being said. I don’t think blood from game bags would be able to soak into your main EXO compartment.

Jbxl20

WKR
I have a k3 6400. Definitely a learning curve to getting it adjusted properly while packing weight. Took quite a few adjustments but I have it to where it’s comfortable now. 20,50 even over 70lbs no issues

Venom One

WKR
The simple answer is yes, but the Youtube video link I posted above provides details about this. It's toward the end where he provides his opinions of the bags.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
I dig my K2. Added the K3 belt and it’s even mo-betta…

Hey ODB - In your opinion, why do you like the K3 belt? Thinking about upgrading myself.

Appreciate all the feedback on the waterproof aspects of each, very helpful, thank you.

ODB

WKR
Hey ODB - In your opinion, why do you like the K3 belt? Thinking about upgrading myself.

the padding is thicker and stiffer. Slightly different shape and it just fits my waist better. When there is weight on the bag the belt seems to carry more of the load than the old belt and feels “locked in” for lack of a better phrase.

they also use wider webbing for the waist belt and have changed the forward-pull system by adding another piece. It works much better and is easier to get just the right squeeze on the belt. To me the whole thing feels completely different with the new belt.

a few pics.
1597FB9C-BC74-4022-B6DE-C4285DC656F2.jpeg

8CD0F155-CC81-4A26-8C22-80DD7C6732C3.jpeg