Stone Glacier Packs

OP
doncarpenter
They are nothing like the Kuiu frame. This pack is different than anything out there. The entire thought process, design and function is unique. Which is really amazin
g considering the amount of packs in production these days.

I was referring to the visual aspect of the pack and frame, like the layout of the horizontal compression straps, the load sling on the 2012 Kuiu frame(I know the Kuiu load sling is higher), and the hook and loop attachment of the shoulder harness.

I wasn't trying to compare apples to apples, just pointing out some similarities.

Shrek

WKR
I'm looking at buying one as soon as I see the spotter pocket. Wished it came in an earth tone like coyote browm or od green but I googled the fabric and its steel grey , black and a couple of bright colors. I would take a few more onces for a few eternal sewn in pockets. I put myself on the list to be notified when they are ready to start shipping.

I'm really digging the look of this pack! Would really like to get my hands on one and compare it to my T1. Only thing I don't like is the hip belt. After having my T1 and pulling in instead of out like a traditional tightening method, I don't think I could go back!

Mike

Shrek

WKR
Just looked at his site and he is shipping. Anyone ordering one? I'm looking at one hard. Would like to see the spotter pocket and a field report or three.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
E-mail said mine will arrive tomorrow. Plan to run it through the paces on an early october muzzy elk hunt if it passes the sniff test. Solo with a hip pocket.

Shrek

WKR
Super cool ! Please let us know how it works for you . Being an early adopter is brave. If it is all it seems to be I will order myself one as a x-mas gift to myself :) What did you get with it ?

bighouse31

Lil-Rokslider
Mine will be tomorrow to bad I won't be I will post next my initial thoughts

Benny

FNG
Pard's comes in today and mine comes in next week. Anyone on the fence better jump, Kurt only has a few left and he said the next shipment wont be in till mid winter.

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
My new Solo was delivered today, exactly as promised. Just finished fitting it and have hauled around about 30lbs and really like it. However, the real test will come this weekend as I am going to complete a 13,000ft summit in Colorado since I have no tags at the moment. Will report when I get home Sunday evening.

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
Same deal here. Pack is nice. Put a case of water in it for about 35#. Playing around with the shoulder strap position. Found its easy to set them if you put a sheet of paper between the Velcro till you get it where you want and then slide the paper out and set the Velcro.
The belt pouch fits my crf 1200 rangefinder. Also has a pocket in the bag for stuff. I like the Cordura type fabric, No nonsense setup, carbon fiber rod stays, heavy duty zippers, and load shelf... All at 3.5#.

Not sure what to think of the internal pocket, it's just a flap with a Velcro tab in the center of the top. Not much for secure. And it's on the back of the pack. Think I would have rather it was against the frame side of the bag. A water bladder pouch would have been cool so a platypus would be easy. Seems counter productive to have an ultra-light pack favor a heavy ass camelback bladder.

I'll know more in a few weeks after I use it on a hunt.

BuckSnort

WKR
There's a pretty good discussion on these packs over on the 24HR website.. The designer (Kurt) has even chimed in and answered questions..

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I am not a fan of buying anything on the first go around. It looks like it's well made, but I have been burnt before. Rokslide needs to get there hands on one of these!

BuckSnort

WKR
Bucksnort , I checked out that 24hr thread. The thing that struck me is how great Rokslide is.

LOL, this is true... Although I do frequent that site and it does have a lot of helpful folks there are a few sour apples on the bunch.. Rokslide is still new, there will be some sour apples here eventually, just give it time lol...

But yes Rokslide is by far the best I've found so far..

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Bucksnort, they will come and they will get deleted! I have been on many of the forums that get nasty. Everyone and every product will get a fair shake on Rokslide. We will not tolerate any belittling or name calling. Good debate is always welcome. Sorry for getting of topic....

It does sound like Luke will be getting a SG pack. So it will get reviewed on Rokslide.

BuckSnort

WKR
Sounds Good and fair Ryan.. I'm glad that certain "non paying advertised products" won't get deleted here.. I have seen that happen at other sites and it blows..

Looking forward to Luke's review as I will be saving some cash for a new pack for next year.. I feel I am missing out with my $100 Cabela's pack..

Benny

FNG
They "appear" to be very legit but I've been wrong many times before and until you've been on a 100lbs grind for a dozen miles a guy really doesnt know.

Chesapeake, my two cents on your thoughts. This bag is really unlike anything else...like way dumbed down. I like the inside pocket, think of it as a raingear pocket that you slide your hand in a loaded bag and can easily find raingear. But I've hunted a far amount out of a Longbow so I guess I am used the inside pockets that aren't really pockets. As far as bladders go, I always put my bladder on the top of everything else anyway so re-filling is quick and doesnt require any pack dumpage. A pocket is just more weight/space. I won't use a Camelback, just a platy on top of everything else in the bag. I am very curious to test the hauling ability...if it can do that, then I'll be happy.