Stone Glacier quick release rifle carrier question?

PA Hunter

WKR
Does anyone have this and do you like it? I just put one on my Sky Talus 6900 and it isn’t very quick to release the rifle , I have to giggle the pack or rifle back and forth to release the rifle. Tried it about 10 times and watched install video like 20 times. Almost may be easier taking pack off to get rifle out?

Thinking of trying the Kifaru universal gun carrier I think carrying in front is better option?

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
I have one and dig it. It does take a bit of practice to get it strapped secure and then a little more to get it off in a timely fashion. I don’t really “Bush” hunt so don’t need it off that quickly and if I think I will be in that position I just sling/carry it. People rave about the Kifaru but Im not 100% sold.

I used it on 3 day hunts In colorado and then deer season in northern PA for a week before the buckle legit snapped in half...... not a fan

OP
P

PA Hunter

WKR
I just got impatient and ordered the Kifaru Universal maybe I will keep SG bottom and have both SG & Kifaru tops at same time figure I can carry both ways then.

I just got impatient and ordered the Kifaru Universal maybe I will keep SG bottom and have both SG & Kifaru tops at same time figure I can carry both ways then.

there ya go, I ended up opting for just holding my rifle all day, like an old frontiersman, at least that’s how I talk myself into it lol

tdot

WKR

This is what I do. While I find the SG reasonably quick, the Kifaru is definitely faster. The SG is more comfortable if I'm climbing, packing meat, etc and I still have the benefit of a quick detach for Bear protection.

Kotaman

WKR
I hate the Kifaru under my arm. Love the SG system. Been using it extensively for a few years now with no issues. Pull the strap and the rifle falls into my hands.

williaada

WKR
It takes some messing to the SG to work correctly. I had to roll mine around the shoulder strap on the pack. I do not plan on using the holder if I think there will be snap shots.

OP
P

PA Hunter

WKR
I hate the Kifaru under my arm. Love the SG system. Been using it extensively for a few years now with no issues. Pull the strap and the rifle falls into my hands.
Something is not right with mine then, i pull the strap and nothing still stuck like glue to the pack i have to twist like movie grease to get it to free up like an inch.

SLM

FNG
I prefer the SG over the Kifaru. Never had a problem releasing it. I pull the buckle lose, lift the stock up out of the bottom and it falls away quickly.

Might have the retaining strap the quick release is attached to, too tight. SG videos will help for install.