Stone Glacier sky 7400 Vs. Seek Outside Pardox large volume

Bighorse

WKR
Whats the verdict on these two packs in a head to head situation. Frame, fabric selection, load shelf vs no shelf, waist belts, weight?

The price on em is nearly identical and the customer service seems to be a win/win. The Seek outside offers a sweet waterproof 330D waterproof camo fabric.

Who has hauled and beat up a Paradox yet?

Thanks!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You're going to love our Backpack month that starts next week as I have good reviews that prostaff and members who've used both those packs a season have submitted. Should be up about mid-week if you can wait.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Bighorse, I have the Paradox 6300 and the SG Solo, but can't comment on the Sky 7400. Looking forward to what others have to say in their reviews.

On the 7400, there isn't a whole lot of need for the load shelf unless you are packing either a.) 9+ ft brown bear hides, or b.) bone in moose quarters. The only time I've used mine was on a big kodiak brown, but usually it sits on the shelf at home. If you really cube it out with fluffy stuff, it gets pretty tall (like Barneys pack tall).

I give it an A+ rating for field use.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
After hunting and hauling animals out with both pack frames I favor the stone glacier for sure. And being as I am not a fan of the loaf shelf idea thing the 7400 packbag is where I would go if not using a Kifaru Emr2.

I imagine you will be keeping the Barney's for hauling those monster Bears your bride shoots?

sneek-ee

WKR
Use to have a couple kifaru's, then a stone glacier (not the 7400), now all I have is the Paradox.

No pack is comfier at low weights and heavy weights all round. Frame design is awesome. No stiff backboard frame against your back. Packs are superlight, but so is the stone glacier. It just moves with you and the belt is the comfiest by far. Transfers the weight to your hip and doesn't dig into you anywhere or slip at all. Having x pac fabric is super nice and it's way easy to clean blood out of. Plus if you want to just use the frame and no pack as a hauler it works great for that, too. Paradox is not as popular as kifaru and stone glacier on here. But those who use them keep them and love them, for good reason.

Last edited:

pacific-23

Lil-Rokslider
When's your next day off? I've got my new Sky 7400 with me on the boat right now, swing down and check it out. I'll be in town until the 22. Obviously not a head to head but that's hard up here!

ams

WKR
I've been nothing but happy with the paradox. I've bought and sold a ton of packs but this one is still here. It is a really comfortable hauler for me and I've stuck a few deer in it.

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
Monday the 16th I'm off. I'd like to meet up with ya and check it out. Thx!
Good info on the Paradox guys. It looks like a good platform.

The Barneys will always have a place in the gear arsenal.