Stone Glacier Sky Archer 6400 vs Sky Talus 6900

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking at deciding between these two bags to run on my x curve frame. Besides the obvious size difference which do you have and what do you like about it? Looking for a recommendation. Mostly high country extended backpacking trips for archery and muzzleloader. Thanks guys!

JonnyB

WKR
Not sure if you’ve made a decision yet, but I will give you my take on it. I’ve had the sky archer 6200 (original model), sky archer 6400, and two 6900s. The 6900s are still in my possession.

The sky archer’s big draw is obviously the side placement for the main bag access zipper so you don’t have to remove your bow when you need to get in the bag. I always found that when I needed to pull something out or did anything inside the bag, the bow would need readjusted anyway. I also wanted more storage and a couple of quick access pockets on the outside of the bag for spotter, etc.

I don’t regret my decision one bit and like having the extra space. I will also say I HATED the internal stash pocket for a spotter on the 6400 and used one of the SG external spotter pouches.

Both are great bags, but I just don’t see the sky archer being a more useful piece of equipment for bow hunters than a 6900 simply because I am not a fan of the design features that make it an “archery pack”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JStol5

WKR
Reviving this thread- would love to hear more opinions as I’m looking at these two as well.

Pramo

WKR
I had the 5900 and have the 6400, after a few years with the 6400 Sky archer I'd rather have a few more pockets and just unbuckle my bow.