Stone glacier skyair ult????

like the look and weight looking to do a tarp with vestibule with a lightweight bivy. Any opinions on this shelter or others that are a similar.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The SG SkyAir is the same as the SlingFin SplitFin shelter, just a different color. Mountain Laurel designs makes a Patrol tarp in either one or two person versions with an extended beak, but you can get an aftermarket vestibule that will work with them. The MLD tarps you can get in either silnylon or DCF. I have a Patrol Tarp duo in DCF that weighs 13oz in the stuff sack with guy lines. The one man version is around 8oz I think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fatbacks

WKR
Been wondering about this as well. Can you use it as a flat tarp for glassing as well? i.e. like you’d setup a square tarp to glass in the rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLP

FNG
I've been using the Skyair ULT for a couple of months and the way they cut and sew the material doesn't make it ideal for use as a flat tarp. I would say your best option would be the Hilleberg Tarp. I hunted with a dude in Alaska that used the Hilleberg and it was incredibly versatile.

Hope that helps,
CLP

fatbacks

WKR
I've been using the Skyair ULT for a couple of months and the way they cut and sew the material doesn't make it ideal for use as a flat tarp. I would say your best option would be the Hilleberg Tarp. I hunted with a dude in Alaska that used the Hilleberg and it was incredibly versatile.

Hope that helps,
CLP

Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk