Stone Glacier SkyLine Bino Harness Review

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys @Tony Trietch and I are going to be tag teaming a review on SGs new harness, he will be writing the published review and I will be handling this thread. I should have the harness/range finder pouch this weekend or early next week. Hoping to get it out on some late archery hunts ASAP. So if you have any questions about the system ask em here and I’ll do my best to answer! Happy thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2/21/21 Update: Tony’s final written review here: https://www.rokslide.com/stone-glacier-skyline-bino-harness-review/

@Justin Crossley

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTone

WKR
I’m curious how much potential there is for the exposed Velcro in the front to pick up pine needles, seeds, etc. I’m planning on a new bino harness in the near future and am pretty much deciding between the SG and marsupial enclosed

Outlaw99

WKR
I’m curious if the SG will be compatible with the razco holsters? It looks like it has the loops to make it work.

OP
Jpott3

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious how much potential there is for the exposed Velcro in the front to pick up pine needles, seeds, etc. I’m planning on a new bino harness in the near future and am pretty much deciding between the SG and marsupial enclosed

I’ll do some brush busting and report back!

OP
Jpott3

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious if the SG will be compatible with the razco holsters? It looks like it has the loops to make it work.

I’ll do some digging!

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
BRSNOW, the loops on the bottom of the harness are to fit attach a Razco holster.

TheTone, the harness has been in the field for for testing for over two years and we have not had any reports of the velcro loop collecting any debris. I personally have not had any debris get caught in it either.

Jpott3, if there are any questions I can help with, please feel free to reach out. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for taking the time to do a review.

Best,
Kurt

BRSNOW, the loops on the bottom of the harness are to fit attach a Razco holster.

TheTone, the harness has been in the field for for testing for over two years and we have not had any reports of the velcro loop collecting any debris. I personally have not had any debris get caught in it either.

Jpott3, if there are any questions I can help with, please feel free to reach out. My email is [email protected]. Thanks for taking the time to do a review.

Best,
Kurt

Hey Kurt, how waterproof is the material? Like if it’s out all day in a very wet environment, will it eventually wet out?

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
AK Troutbum, the material is a 3 layer waterproof fabric. The face fabric is a DWR nylon face, and it is possible to wet the nylon in heavy rain as with 3L raingear. However the laminate waterproof layer does not allow water to penetrate and wet the glass or condensate the enclosure. The hood is also has two layers of waterproof fabric for extra protection. The nylon is face is also very quick to dry, we have not had any reports during field testing of condensation or leakage due to the double layer design. The bottom panel of the harness the bino objectives rest on is a closed cell foam that is removable via velcro. In the event you get snow, debris, or rain inside the harness when the lid is open and raining while using the binos, the foam can be removed quickly and dried or cleaned to keep the objectives of the binos resting on a clean surface. The inner liner of the harness is also 3L waterproof fabric so it will not absorb moisture creating condensation inside the harness or hold debris.
Best
Kurt

OP
Jpott3

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider

Best,
Kurt

Thanks Kurt! Nice to see the founder of a major company answering questions for guys on the forum!

Anybody verify the Zeiss SFs in 10x42 fit, have a buddy who is interested in this harness, specs say it would be darn close?

Best,
Kurt
very cool! this new harness looks like a perfect blend of designs.... looks like a lot of thought was put into it, and i will own one sooner than later. looks like it has potential to almost be perfect for me

OP
Jpott3

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody verify the Zeiss SFs in 10x42 fit, have a buddy who is interested in this harness, specs say it would be darn close?

I’ll be putting my 12x ELs in when I get it, looks like the SFs and my ELs are both 6.8” so I’ll let you know

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Rooosiebull,
I use the Swaro EL 12x50 which are on the upper end of adjustment, the Zeiss specs are slightly smaller in width and should be a good fit. I couldn't find the Zeiss depth, however my EL's are listed at 2.8" depth for reference.

Jpott3, my 12x50 EL's were slightly snug first time in, however there is slight stretch to the fabric and after a few times in and out of the harness they operate very smooth.

We will also have a large size of the harness available early in 2021 for the ranging binos. There will be overlap in sizing that each size harness will accommodate. For example, the Swaro EL 12x50 will fit in both sizes.

Kurt

I'd be curious if there are any magnets.

Also curious on material, if it's quiet enough for spot and stalk archery deer hunting.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Dos Perros,
There are no magnets for closure. It uses an adjustable shock cord system run through a carbon fiber tube for the top closure.

I will let the guys on here comment on the quietness of the fabric and operation once they get a chance to test. However the focus in design and fabric choice was for quiet operation.

Best,
Kurt

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
@Jpott3 thanks for starting this thread and @Kurt, thanks for the detailed tech answers from the guy that knows best!

I got my harness system a few days ago and had great first impressions.

The material does seem quiet, I was surprised to read Kurt saying it’s waterproof, it’s not your typical crunchy waterproof material.

I will report back when I’ve put it through more field time but it looks promising!

52d2816afa340c23ffd98150d1984785.jpg

a7ed8ff2b923a0ee3328e47eb43398ff.jpg