Stone Glacier SkyLine Bino Harness Review

Kheimann

FNG
Any word when SG is going to be releasing the large size? 12x50 razors are very snug in current size

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Any long term users update how they like this harness. I'm was set on upgrading grin my Kuiu to the Kuiu pro, but the SG looks good, not sure about the signal bino lanyard though?

Rock-o

WKR
Any long term users update how they like this harness. I'm was set on upgrading grin my Kuiu to the Kuiu pro, but the SG looks good, not sure about the signal bino lanyard though?

It's still:
  • sleek.
  • compact.
  • magnet-free.
  • forward-opening.
  • staying put.
  • holding my binoculars.
  • Made in USA!
What's your concern with the lanyard?

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Not a deal breaker, but How it just dangles there if you need to let go. With two straps, at least on my Kuiu harness, it still gonna hold it up on your chest in a somewhat secure position.

Any concerns on the noise of the material?Read reviews about it being loud opening and closing lid.

Any issues with debris building up in the Velcro?

Rock-o

WKR
Not a deal breaker, but How it just dangles there if you need to let go. With two straps, at least on my Kuiu harness, it still gonna hold it up on your chest in a somewhat secure position.

Any concerns on the noise of the material?Read reviews about it being loud opening and closing lid.

Any issues with debris building up in the Velcro?

Understood, yes, I can see how the lanyard would be a concern to some then. For me, I never thought about it.

My opinion is that opening/closing is not loud.

No, no issue with debris in the Velcro.

Jethro

WKR
The single lanyard definitely takes some getting used to. I also was an original kuiu user and would love to just let the binos hang. I don’t do that now.

I thought about calling SG and getting a 2nd lanyard for the other side, but have not yet.

IMO the SG didn’t get me any huge improvement over the Kuiu. I really liked the Kuiu. But the SG rangefinder harness is exactly what I wanted so I got them.

The SG is not noisy.

HuntWyld

WKR
“Noisy” is obviously subjective, it was too loud for me. I primarily bowhunt though.

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
The single lanyard definitely takes some getting used to. I also was an original kuiu user and would love to just let the binos hang. I don’t do that now.

I thought about calling SG and getting a 2nd lanyard for the other side, but have not yet.

IMO the SG didn’t get me any huge improvement over the Kuiu. I really liked the Kuiu. But the SG rangefinder harness is exactly what I wanted so I got them.

The SG is not noisy.
What is it about the RF pouch you like? Operating The Kuiu RF pouch is definitely not a one handed operation.

Jethro

WKR
What is it about the RF pouch you like? Operating The Kuiu RF pouch is definitely not a one handed operation.
Long before SG came out I contacted Kuiu and told them they should make a rangefinder pouch that opened like their bino harness. The soft hinge front folding is what I thought would be excellent.

Now I certainly don’t feel they had to manufacture it just cause I said so, but it’s what I though would work good. Then SG released theirs and it was soft hinge front folding. So I got it.

I did not want the hook and loop that flaps open to the back that is popular.

Jethro

WKR
So you know I never had a Kuiu rangefinder holster. I used crooked horn for rangefinder with my Kuiu bino harness. It was just a pouch. No lid over the rangefinder

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
So you know I never had a Kuiu rangefinder holster. I used crooked horn for rangefinder with my Kuiu bino harness. It was just a pouch. No lid over the rangefinder
It seems that the SG harness is less rigid than others, especially the lid, which helps with the minimalist, sleek, lightweight design. Any issues with it wanting to collapse when putting the binos back in? Any issues with the binos hanging up when trying to put back in? I never found the original Kuiu to have very comfortable straps, seems SG straps are similar. How's the comfort?

Jethro

WKR
It seems that the SG harness is less rigid than others, especially the lid, which helps with the minimalist, sleek, lightweight design. Any issues with it wanting to collapse when putting the binos back in? Any issues with the binos hanging up when trying to put back in? I never found the original Kuiu to have very comfortable straps, seems SG straps are similar. How's the comfort?
No issues with in/out of the binos. Lid is less rigid than Kuiu but it folds out of the way. 1 hand in, 1 hand out. It is made to really fold around the eye cups of the binos and seal out any dirt. It does do that but it takes me 2 hands for that extra little coverage.

No issues with comfort. Don't even think about it when its on. I carry Cabelas Euro 10x42 and a Sig rangefinder.

This took me a while a well. But once I had it apart it was much easier from there on
out.

If you are holding the quick release in your hand with the end that attaches to your binos at 12 o’clock. (Same as your photo)

thumb and forefinger holding the top section and the other thumb and forefinger on the bottom pull the top to the 3’ o’clock and the bottom to the 9 o’clock positions. This has worked for me.

Eric
Thanks, was a struggle for me. Love the bino harness

bangarang

FNG
Will the large size fit Vortex UHD 10x50s? I found this photo which goes up to 7-3/4” but I measured by binos at 7-13/16” I know that’s only 1/16” but I’d like to be sure before I buy.

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    459.1 KB · Views: 38
I’m curious how much potential there is for the exposed Velcro in the front to pick up pine needles, seeds, etc. I’m planning on a new bino harness in the near future and am pretty much deciding between the SG and marsupial enclosed
I was worried about that too. I just put a Velcro American patch over it.

lpplayer59

Lil-Rokslider
HuntWyld - The side buckles are standard, not autolock. We have not had any issues with slippage, these are the same Duraflex sidelocks we use on all of our packs. That being said, we do offer autolock buckles as an accessory for our packs for specific usages, so those are available if you prefer.

PRM - We use Duraflex buckles throughout are harness and packs, I believe they are compatible. If there are any issues, we also have quick attach buckles that can be used to convert to one style.

BR Snow - While you can attach the range finder case over the buckle, I would suggest trying the extension strap that is included with the range finder case. It will replace the quick detach buckle on the side of the harness and move that buckle location out from under the range finder case velcro. This is how I designed the attachment, it keeps the range finder case tight to the harness and will not allow it migrate down the webbing, the velcro lays flat over the webbing and is more secure, and it does not create a hump where the buckle is as this keeps the range finder from riding level against your chest.
In the photo you can see the short webbing extension with quick detach loop on one side, buckle on the right. I used a coyote colored extender so it is easier to see in this photo. This extender will replace the 1" quick detach buckle attached to the harness. When then placing the range finder case over the strap, I suggest nesting it down as low as possible, this creates the most secure connection as is shown in this photo.
Also, you will see that the shock cord on the range finder case is routed back up through the webbing loop after length is set. The first batch of range finder cases we sent out had knots tied at the end, which will work fine once set as well to keep the shock cord from any slippage. However I prefer to have the routing back up through the loop as it is cleaner and provides adequate friction to prevent slippage.

Best,
Kurt
Kurt,

Can you attached and run the SG large accessories pouch tight to the harness?

Thank you,

Justin

Fritz D

FNG
Late to the party here, but I purchased the SG harness about a month ago. Size medium and it is a snug fit for my EL 10x50s but I love the trim design? Getting easier to get the bino in and out of the harness with time and repetition. Also, the tightening cord works quite well for aiding bino egress and keeping the bino well covered when snug.

Just ordered the LRF pouch attachment today.

Pretty happy with the harness so far.

Last edited:
OP
Jpott3

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
Late to the party here, but I purchased the SG harness about a month ago. Size medium and it is a snug fit for my EL 10x50s but I love the trim design? Getting easier to get the bino in and out of the harness with time and repetition? Also, the tightening cord works quite well for aiding bino egress and keeping the bino well covered when snug?

Just ordered the LRF pouch attachment today.

Pretty happy with the harness so far.

Yeah it gets easier I have no issues with my 12x50 ELs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk