Stone Glacier SkyLine Bino Harness Review

brsnow

WKR
LOL, I have both in the mail to me. Let me know what you think and I will do the same.
I am certainly keeping the SG, depending on the OV will ether keep or order another SG. This harness is great.

Squirrels

WKR
Awesome customer service! I’ve experienced nothing less with SG on other dealings as well. I’ll be placing an order as soon as they’re back in stock
mountain archery has them and range finder pocket in stock, james river archery has just the bino harness in stock

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Rick M,
Thank you for the feedback, very happy to hear the pack is working well for you. If there are any questions or help we can give on the pack, just let us know.

Predator AT,
At this time we do not have plans for a camo pattern. We will be offering the two colors, Stone Grey and Coyote.

Best,
Kurt

jt4

WKR
Is either the stone glacier or the marsupial compatible with a razco chest holster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rick M.

WKR
Rick M,
Thank you for the feedback, very happy to hear the pack is working well for you. If there are any questions or help we can give on the pack, just let us know.

Predator AT,
At this time we do not have plans for a camo pattern. We will be offering the two colors, Stone Grey and Coyote.

Best,
Kurt

I actually enjoy the fact that you guys only offer solids (bags, clothing, etc.). I'm hoping it stays that way.

3forks

WKR
I’ve tried quite a few different harnesses over the years, and have been using the Marsupial for the last few (and the latest iteration this last several months).

I‘ve been using the Skyline harness a little bit and getting accustomed to it pretty quickly.

In comparing the SG to the Marsupial, it‘s definitely a more streamlined harness. Everything from the buckles to the fabric is slimmer and lighter.

I really didn’t have too many complaints with the Marsupial, but it feels way clunkier (and almost over engineered) compared to the SG.

On the Marsupial, the lightly padded straps, heavier/bulkier auto lock buckles, and the amount of foam used to give the harness its shape, really seem like overkill in comparison to the SG. Plus, the fabric used on the Marsupial isn‘t water proof. *The previous version of the Marsupial harness I had wetted out, but I can’t confirm that would happen to the newest version, but I think the fabric is unchanged.

I think anyone who has any experience with bino harnesses will appreciate the SG. But, I also think that a less educated, or experienced person might not think the SG has as much going for it because it does appear to be simpler, with less cut and sew, and less foam to give it shape.

I think the Hydrashield fabric is enough of an improvement alone to consider the SG. However, I see tons of posts on this forum where guys say you don’t need rain gear and don’t bring it with them. I think that‘s a recipe for disaster, but I mention it because a lot of those same guys probably wouldn’t see the benefit of the fabric SG uses until the harness they have wets out, and its foam gains a ton of weight from the water it absorbs and becomes a soggy brick hanging off the front of them.

Anyway, my 10x42 Swaro SLCs fit in the SG perfectly. And, as someone else mention previously, the focus doesn’t turn when pulling the binos out or putting them in the compartment. You never realize a what you think is a minor hassle is in reality actually a bigger pain in the ass until the issue goes away; but not having to refocus is a big improvement.

So far, I haven’t worn the SG under anything but a daypack or our kid carrier packing around a 30 pound load (use a SG 5900 with an x curve frame for my hunting pack), but the harness doesn’t give me any hotspots and stays put and adjusted.

I hunt both archery and centerfire, and shooting my bow with the SG harness has not been an issue.

The only minor criticisms I have of the SG harness is that the straps aren’t sewn ”closed”/back on themselves so they can’t back out of the buckle, and that the hood covers just enough of the side pocket that it also covers the top of the size wind checker bottles I use and makes it less accessible when I want to use it (I’ll experiment with this or try a different bottle size).

Side note: I‘d love it if SG came out with an insulated muff using the same fabric as the harness to hang off the lower accessory loops.

Anyway, definitely replacing the Marsupial with the SG and am looking forward to more hours with it.

Last edited:

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Got my harness in the mail today, always used FHF so that’s all I can compare it too, some observations:
F35FA864-31BF-4F24-8970-5DE9B6DC5CF0.jpegB2A635F6-9ABC-4596-BA70-C8227B16E09C.jpeg
- Weight comparison- SG comes in at 2.5oz lighter, both are including harness and rangefinder pouch, doesn’t seem like much but SG definitely seems lighter and less bulky

- Rangefinder pocket- absolutely love the SG one, the fhf has a big gap that leaves room for a lot of debris to get in, SG is 99% enclosed. I also like on the SG that each side of the hood can be individually tighten, so side with eye cup can be let out a little more and other side tighter

- SG is definitely quiet, that being said, I have ELs and until now have left the objective lens covers on for extra protection. I could get away with this in the FHF, don’t think I can with the SG. Definitely makes getting the in and out a two hand, louder process. Not a big deal and maybe it’ll loosen up but just something to note.

- Bottom of SG has 2 vertical straps, fhf has true MOLLE panel on bottom. Again, just something to note if you attach things to bottom of harness.
122711C7-C5B1-4FFE-8EA9-30D334194A55.jpeg
- Material on SG is pretty darn water resistant. I ran it under sink for a bit and it ran right off and only left a few drops! 645A8D41-4196-48CC-8371-A4AFA0998B3B.jpeg
Seems like another home run for SG. I’ll be running around AZ for two weeks in January and get to test it in the field.

OP
Jpott3

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
eb495220eb43f0895d8fc92e8a1fe81b.jpg
3c49acbafbd640433c81ccaa697ba5ef.jpg

Just got mine as well! And like everyone else I am super impressed. It weighs half what my AGC weighs and I can fit just about everything I had in it in the Skyline. Pretty stoked to not have to unzip a pocket to get to my wind checker. Everything seems very secure in the pockets. I’m gonna be running my phone and tags in the back pocket, I also have a lighter in there. The ELs fit well but will report back on usage after some field time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuntWyld

WKR
I ordered one to try out as well. How do the non auto locking buckles seem? I’ve had problems with them constantly loosening up on other harnesses. Also it doesn’t appear that the front strap adjustment allows enough adjustment to ride the harness high on the chest, is this accurate?

brsnow

WKR
Sweet!! Thanks for taking the time to do that. Is that the universal model razco or the 'FHF' one?
It is the universal one, but I used it on the FHF previously. It is for a M&P shield so I went to razco directly.