Stone glacier solo initial impression

003.jpg003.jpg002.jpg001.jpgWell today the UPS truck brought my new prize. A Stone Glacier Solo. As soon as i pulled it from the box i placed it on my scale. Advertised weight is 3.6 pounds. My scale said 3.7, well thats close enough for me. Initial impression looking over the pack was very good build quality, all sewing looked very well. Even though the pack is a simple design it appeared very functional. Next I loaded in all my gear. This was everythig i would normally take for a week of Archery Elk Hunting. Well everything except food and I didnt want to compress my sleeping bag. The 3/4 zipper design works very well everything fit in the pack with plenty of room i think for a weeks gear. Now I admit i'm quite the ounce counter so there shouldnt be a problem with space. Next i adusted the shoulder straps like Kirk described in the videos. The pack adjusted very quickly and it felt very comfortable. Next I uncliped the side buckles and loosened the bottom two buckles and top load lifters and seperated the frame from the pack in meat hauling mode. I was amazed at how quickly and easily this is to do. Now I have owned a 2011 and 1012 model KUIU Icon and let me tell you this is a far better design then the KUIU as far as ease to access the meat hauling space between the pack and frame. Overall I am very impressed. I had initially waited on ordering any pouches or spotter pocket untill i received the pack and decided if it i liked the design or not. But after getting my hands on this thing I am placing another order tomorrow for some belt pouches and spotter pocket. Kirk job well done, my only complaint is you think if you spent almost 600.00 dollars on a pack you would at least get a decal. What the heck, I know Kifaru does that. A final thanks to my wife Val for not freaking out to bad when i told her i had ordered another new pack.:D

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Gobbler,
Great to hear you like the pack, and well noted on the decal:) Having some decals made has been on my list along with a few other accessories, I will get on it. Feel free to contact me if I can help with anything in regards to fit/function.
Kurt

Stone Glacier Packs

OP
G
Kurt, I just ordered all the goodies for my solo, two belt pouches,
spotter pouch, and the rifle sling. I am taking it out on its first overnighter next week on a scouting trip for archery season.
I loaded all my gear and placed a 40 pound salt bag into the meat hauling space and it held the weight fine. I think I had a total of 80 pounds in the pack. Very well built and super light weight. Good job Kurt