Stone Glacier Solo

For those of you that have this pack, how big is the spotting scope pocket that is built into it? I have the sky talus 6900 and the approach 1800, and I can't fit my angled Kowa 883 in either of these pockets. Has anybody had any luck fitting in a bigger scope into this pocket? When I bought the pack originally, they said I would be able to fit "any" spotting scope in them, yet, I can't. Before I take the plunge and buy another bag, I want to know if my scope will fit.

And the second question for guys with this bag, where are you running your tripod? Almost all of the other packs they sell have a tripod pocket, but this one doesn't. Any suggestions or recommendations on where to pack it?

Thanks!!

cullenz

Lil-Rokslider
The solo will fit a pretty big spotter. It fits my angled 85mm vortex with some room to spare. I will usually throw my extra shirt and socks in that slot pocket with the spotter when I'm fully loaded packing in. I put it with the objective lens down into the slot pocket (which only goes half way up inside. That allows you to point the angled eye piece how ever you want.

For the tripod, I either carry it sideways on the bottom of the pack with the bottom compression straps. Or just strap it in on the side of the pack opposite of the spotter pocket. When I carry the tripod on the side, I will run the straps under one of the legs so it won't accidently slide down.

The solo will fit a pretty big spotter. It fits my angled 85mm vortex with some room to spare. I will usually throw my extra shirt and socks in that slot pocket with the spotter when I'm fully loaded packing in. I put it with the objective lens down into the slot pocket (which only goes half way up inside. That allows you to point the angled eye piece how ever you want.

For the tripod, I either carry it sideways on the bottom of the pack with the bottom compression straps. Or just strap it in on the side of the pack opposite of the spotter pocket. When I carry the tripod on the side, I will run the straps under one of the legs so it won't accidently slide down.

I do the same with my tripod opposite side of the spotter. It’s a nice bag but it would be nice if it had little catch pockets on the bottom of the sides like every other bag I’ve owned so you don’t have to worry about trekking pole sections sliding out. I might pay someone to add some. Have only put a 553 spotter in it thus far so can’t say on an 883.

OP
passinggas33
Thanks guys. Wondering if Pods8 has ever done some sort of modification to add a tripod sleeve or something like that. I’ll have to inquire. Thanks for the info.

Thanks guys. Wondering if Pods8 has ever done some sort of modification to add a tripod sleeve or something like that. I’ll have to inquire. Thanks for the info.

Tripod has never been a problem with 2 compression straps on the side. I put two legs on the inside and one on the outside of the top strap and then all 3 legs between the bag and bottom compression strap.

I worry a little about my trekking poles or how I would strap a fishing pole to it though.