Stone Glacier Terminus Review

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I 100% agree, the frame barreling, and wished they did some changed to their belt. I know some people don't have an issue with it, but i find the foam they use to be too firm, and can give a lot of hip pain.
I always get a bit of bruising on one side forward on my hip when I pack heavy loads, but I like how the larger belt spreads across my hib vs a fat skinny one. I'd love it if the MR style of foam/belt build was done in the footprint of what SG uses for a belt. Best of both worlds, for me at least.

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree, it makes a great lightweight daypack that can blow up when needed to haul meat out. One thing i didnt like was how the lid attachment straps were directly below the load lifters, so you had to either go inside the load lifters or on the outside, which would allow you lid to fall off the top of the frame if not really really tight. Or if going inside the lid got all mis shaped. I feel like SG is about due for a new frame, or upgrades to currents...
Not only do I not like how the lid attaches, I don't like how the lid is designed. In my opinion EXO has a much better lid design.

sr80

WKR
Not only do I not like how the lid attaches, I don't like how the lid is designed. In my opinion EXO has a much better lid design.
This is my first year with an exo, i like using lids on my packs for small quick access items, gloves, headlamp etc. I am picky with the way they attach and size of pockets etc. The K4 has been the best lid ive used, as far as the way it attaches, the double pocket layout. I wasn't sure about the little skirts on the side of it at first but when putting a jacket or shirt under the lid when peeling off the layer, that skirt keeps it protected from moisture and snow. Ive got nothing but good things to say about the K4, they did a great job designing that pack.

schmalzy

WKR
Here’s the terminus in heavy day pack mode. Put it through the paces in this configuration and really happy with it. For me, it’s pretty much a do all pack. The only things I’d personally change is having two pockets on the front like the Kifaru timberline or AMR had, or side sleeve. I just want an exterior pocket I can store a puffy and gloves in, but honestly accessing it from the side zip is really not a big deal and the lack of front pockets keeps it slim.

No recent pictures of it with meat in it but handled part of a mule deer buck with ease.

It’s a niche pack but if you value lightweight i think it’s tough to beat for anything but elk/moose.

f88b48e80fe4923d870de7aff7d859bd.jpg

6594f91d26850fa2f5306730f1112d05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv seen mentioned that people wouldn’t use this pack for elk/moose. Any hang up on this pack for elk with boned out quarters? Really don’t care if I can’t fit it in the sleeve. Iv always preferred meat in the bag to a load shelf.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Iv seen mentioned that people wouldn’t use this pack for elk/moose. Any hang up on this pack for elk with boned out quarters? Really don’t care if I can’t fit it in the sleeve. Iv always preferred meat in the bag to a load shelf.
I can’t see why there would be, as long as you’re committed to boning elk then meat is meat in that application. I asked SG the same thing when released, and they had a similar response. Trail with Go Hunt was talking about doing the same (for elk).

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Zero issues in my opinion and I was able to fit a hell of a lot of boned out meat in the meat sleeve itself and then I just strapped the other meat bag to the outside!

Here’s the terminus in heavy day pack mode. Put it through the paces in this configuration and really happy with it. For me, it’s pretty much a do all pack. The only things I’d personally change is having two pockets on the front like the Kifaru timberline or AMR had, or side sleeve. I just want an exterior pocket I can store a puffy and gloves in, but honestly accessing it from the side zip is really not a big deal and the lack of front pockets keeps it slim.

No recent pictures of it with meat in it but handled part of a mule deer buck with ease.

It’s a niche pack but if you value lightweight i think it’s tough to beat for anything but elk/moose.

f88b48e80fe4923d870de7aff7d859bd.jpg

6594f91d26850fa2f5306730f1112d05.jpg

Would you buy the Terminus 8700 instead of the 7000 to gain the front zip pocket?

schmalzy

WKR
Would you buy the Terminus 8700 instead of the 7000 to gain the front zip pocket?

I agree with Zach and would not, if the plan was to use for day mode frequently, but I have not handled the 8700.

If you set your pack up right the main zipper makes it’s pretty easy to quickly access stuff.

S.Clancy

WKR
I fit half a bull elk plus my share of camp in the pack. Moose I could see, those quarters would be to fat to fit thru the draw string.

S.Clancy

WKR
After my trip to AZ, I really want long front straps for those gypsy loads. I found some nice elk sheds way out in the wilderness, they were kind of a pain to pack out along with all my crap. I'll need to pick up some strap extenders I think. Otherwise, no other complaints. This pack just really handles the heavy loads for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20231105_162842389.jpg
    IMG_20231105_162842389.jpg
    751.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20231103_173714355.jpg
    IMG_20231103_173714355.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 44
IMG_1194.jpeg
IMG_1193.jpeg

Not sure why I didn’t get one of these earlier. This is the pack I’ve been dreaming of. I never make use of all the pockets and junk on my other packs, this is exactly what I needed. The side zip is great for grabbing stuff out and I just tossed the essentials in the lid. Pretty handy, the belt ouch holds a Glock 26 with the finger extension on the mag perfectly.