Stone Glacier vs Kifaru Duplex Lite

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
Not to offend, but that set up should clear 5 days easily unless your talking the winter months. Do you utilize the shelf? Or are you putting everything inside the bag only and using the shelf for meat.

I was asking if he thinks the 3300 would be enough for 5 days with the addition of a access bag or similar. I would think it would, especially with the option of maybe putting food in a dry bag and putting that on the meat shelf.

I just received my Kifaru duplex lite frame with the new Hooligan pack. I have not owned a SG pack but I will give you my two cents on the Kifaru pack. Prior to the Kifaru, my experience was with standard backpacking packs then an Arc'teryx then Mystery Ranch.

I tried on all of the major manufactures packs at the Reno Sheep show last month. I ultimately picked the Kifaru pack for multiple reasons.

I absolutely love how the weight transfers when you pull the load transfer straps. no other pack I have ever worn transfers with such a notable difference.
Frank at Kifaru took all of my measurements and mixed and matched the components to match my body size/weight. 24" frame, medium belt, long shoulder straps. The result is a pleasure to wear.
And while I understand that you are asking specifically about the frame, the pack design from Kifaru, with the pockets, molle attachments, and access zips was an absolute factor in the decision process. I felt that the SG pack was just too basic for my perceived wish list.
As to the extra weight difference... I will accept a few extra ounces for what I perceive as a bulletproof build on the Kifaru pack.

pdp

FNG
Great thread for us attempting to decide on a new pack. Thank you.