Stone Glacier vs WM?

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I’ve never tried the badger but in my research years ago I went with the 10 degree versalite at 2 lbs. I use it at least 20 nights a year from summer to late season down to 0 degrees with no issues.

bober90

FNG
I’ve never tried the badger but in my research years ago I went with the 10 degree versalite at 2 lbs. I use it at least 20 nights a year from summer to late season down to 0 degrees with no issues.
Interesting. I hadn't considered a 10* bag, but I like that you have experience down to 0*. I'm a warm sleeper so I think that could be good for me. The issue I think I'll have is use during CO archery. Does the VersaLite breath well?

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Interesting. I hadn't considered a 10* bag, but I like that you have experience down to 0*. I'm a warm sleeper so I think that could be good for me. The issue I think I'll have is use during CO archery. Does the VersaLite breath well?

You’ll be fine then especially if you’re a warm sleeper. Base layers and puffy’s obviously help when temps get too low as well. As far as breathability it does for me, I just sleep with the zipper open when night temps are in the 60s or higher.

I have used the SG 15 degree bag for the past 12 months....all temps. I keep it open when hot and zipper tight when cold...simple. Lots of room to roll around...I roll a lot. I am 5'11" and 160 lbs-ish. It compresses well and is very light. I shove all my damp clothes into it at night to dry out. No complaints at all and I would have no problem recommending it. I pair it with an Xtherm pad.

Good luck with what you decide!

OP
cornfedkiller
As a follow-up, I was unable to get a Badger before my hunt, so I ended up getting a Chilkoot and spent 7 nights in it. Very impressed with the construction, packs down small, and it has a ton of room. I'm 5'9" and around 200# and I can lay on my back with my hands folded on my chest and my elbows out to the sides, or turn and lay on my side no problem.

Haven't been able to test the temp rating yet.. most nights were low 50s and 60 so I slept with it open, but one night got down to about 37 and I slept in just my boxers and never moved all night..

My only wish was that it had a left or right zip option, as I prefer a right zip..