Stone glacier warranty

the_bowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with SG’s warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kipper09

WKR
I’ve had dealings with a lot of companies and people. In my experience they are the best I’ve ever came across. Their customer service is world class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had more than my fair share of experience with SG warranty.

1. Badly torn up 7400 bag (100% my fault). Replaced the entire bag with a lightly used one from the return stack at no cost.

2. Strap stitching (bag attachment point) came lose on a first gen Krux frame. Repaired promptly, and all current versions are now bar tacked in that location.

3. Blown seam on a shoulder strap. New ones sent out next day without having to return old ones.

4. Bottom velcro that holds the frame rods in went out on a first gen Krux. SG offered to repair at no cost or replace with a current version for 20% discount. I ended up doing the repair myself for about 15 minutes of effort. Current frames have more re-inforcement in this area.

5. First gen Solo bag had an internal pocket seam let go. Instead of repairing, they sent me a current version Solo.

Turn around has always been very rapid and communication good.

The only thing I had to pay for was a lost sternum strap. For some reason the original I had was always working itself loose. The new one looks identical, but no longer comes loose for some reason.

As another note on their responsiveness. I had one of the first run of Sky 7400 bags. After using it for a couple trips, I didn't like the zipper configuration on the lid. I emailed them about it, and a few weeks later I get a package from Kurt with a handsewn prototype lid with a new zipper location. I'm still using it, and Sky lids have been built that way ever since.