Stone Glacier X Curve Frame Issues

Has anyone else had issues with the carbon fiber rods wearing through the top of the sleeves that hold the rods in place? I recently sent my frame back for repairs due to this issue and has already happened again in less than 1yr?85A75794-61A4-474C-A152-F5E969E9684B_1_201_a.jpeg

OP
Y
I use this pack a lot and frequently hiking 4-5 days with 50lbs. First time this happened I didn’t think to much about it, but only made it through this past hunting season since last repair and already bad. ( not just one side either, both sides worn through) I’m sending it back again and hoping for a more permanent repair. Has to be more packs out there that this has happened too?

DavePwns

WKR
How do you tighten the bottom and side straps? I typically lay the bag down hill (upside down) with my 50- 70 lb sand bag (for training) and strongly tighten the bottom and mid straps with gravity distributing the weight throughout the frame as I tighten the straps. I have done this for over 2 years with my SG and have had no issues. I however do not have the carbon fiber frame however

tdot

WKR
I dont have an SG. Just clicked cuz I'm considering one. But does that buckle to the right if the wear mark normally sit on top of the wear mark? If so, maybe flip the buckle over to look at it. Sometimes the end of that buckle can have little teeth in them. Is that wearing on the pack?

OP
Y
I dont have an SG. Just clicked cuz I'm considering one. But does that buckle to the right if the wear mark normally sit on top of the wear mark? If so, maybe flip the buckle over to look at it. Sometimes the end of that buckle can have little teeth in them. Is that wearing on the pack?

OP
Y
The buckle you see is from the pack lid, it’s flipped back for the photo. It does not sit in the worn area when used. Thanks

I have not had that on the top but mine wore through on the bottom.
That is crazy it happened again so soon. I wonder if you stay pocket is a fraction of an inch shorter than it should be?
They are awesome packs and hopefully the next fix is the last one you'll need

this is the first time ive seen or heard of this. Mine has held up well for over a year. SG customer servise is 2nd to none, so I would just explain it again and have their R&D department really look at this and figure out why this is happening.

OP
Y
I was contacted today from SH service department and good news is I don’t have to send my frame back. They are sending me a new frame sheet and going to reinforce this new one to ensure this doesn’t happen again. Great customer service for sure. Hoping to never have this issue again.