Stone Glacier X-Curve Hip Belt Pressure Points

I recently got a X-Curve frame and Sky 5900. This isn't my first rodeo with high end, weight bearing packs. But it is my first experience with this frame. My extent of testing this frame is that I walked around the house yesterday evening and this morning with 50 lbs in the load shelf. Right away I could feel extra pressure on the front of my hips, right where the 2" webbing is sewn onto the hip belt. Its the only spot I can feel. I tried adjusting the height of where the belt sits on my hips and also tried adjusting the top and bottom tension straps on the hip belt, which didn't seem to make a difference. I adjusted the torso height a few times as well, but pretty much had that dialed on my first attempt. I can't get this thing to be comfortable and now my hips are pretty tender, and this is only after walking around the house with a normal amount of weight. I really want this bag to work, but I'm not very convinced that it will as of now. My brother has an Exo and that hip belt is more comfortable on me, that may be because the exo belt is taller and a little more flexible. For reference about body type, I'm 5'10" 175 lbs with a 32" waist. I have the medium belt. Anyone else experience this discomfort on the front of the hips or have any tips on how to adjust this belt better to relieve the pressure points? If I can't figure this out then my next step will be to try the new Evo frame, as that belt is just slightly different.

Little side note, Stone Glaciers customer service is amazing. I called them today and they were very helpful, although I still havent resolved the fit yet.

I could never get my SG to carry comfortable? I tried everything I could think of. Glad they are helping you. Definitely incredible customer service. Probably best in the industry.

OP
MuleDeerMike
Update on this thread/issue:

The immediate discomfort did in fact go away with the custom belt but after several hikes now it's clear to me that the issue isn't resolved. I've tried tweaking the adjustment tension webbing on the belt multiple times but still can't get it to fit right. Did 4 miles with 40 pounds yesterday and my hips have bruises on the front of them today. Not good for such little weight and low miles. I'll try removing foam from the lumbar and getting a small belt but it's going for sale if those don't fix the problem in a big way. Too expensive to be anything short of extremely comfortable and pain free with only 40 pounds in it. This is just my experience and opinion though. I really, really like the sky 5900 bag so this is a big bummer but I may be going the exo route soon.

slim9300

WKR
Keep in mind you have the ability to run the Kifaru belt with the Exo from what I have read with a small amount of modification (in the event you have problems there too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk