Stone Glacier X-curve worth the upgrade

bates

WKR
So I have the original Stone Glacier frame, not sure of the name but I don't think its made anymore.

anyways it's been great over the past 6 years or so. right now its loaded up with sandbags, it is still in great shape but has seen some miles

thinking of maybe getting another frame, just delegate my original to training.

is that new x-curve more comfortable? the new belt looks to be improved

any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

powds

Lil-Rokslider
I have the X curve- never used the original but the shape of the curve fits me perfectly. Makes 50lbs feel as much as a breeze as 50lbs can and super easy to distribute weight from hips to shoulders

TheCoyote

FNG
Today was my first day with my Sky Talus x-curve. I loaded up 50 pounds of sand and tried it out for 2 mile hike. Overall very nice. I will have a long adjustment period, making small changes, but I'm pretty sure this xcurve will fit me great.

One thing I really like is the ability to make adjustments to pretty much everything. I watched the stone glacier setup video that I found to be very helpful.

If your old frame doesn't bother you I would keep on packin. If you find problems with it or if you think the x-curve is lighter/better then I would strongly recommend it.

Kotaman

WKR
This isn’t so much about what is better but instead about what fits YOU better. I could not stand the original frame. The XCurve fits like it is made for me. If you have a flatter back, the original will work better. More curved back = XCurve.

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
I have the X Curve. Used it x 1 season, then tried Kifaru for a season. Now back to the XCurve because it is just as comfortable and much lighter. Granted, will not survive a fall from an airplane like the Kifaru.... but I hope not to test that.

Tradchef

WKR
They can give you straight stays for the x curve if you need them or it fits your back better. Or the Krux Evo would do the trick as well. Either way it’s a super comfy frame. But as said above....if it‘s not broke.......

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
The X-Curve is 10oz heavier then the Krux Evo frame. I understand it is about "what fits best," but those that have used both, is the X-Curve really worth an extra 10oz of weight? That is a lot for a multi day elk hunt...not to mention using it as a day pack when doing double digit miles everyday.

I’ve had all three, the original Krux , XCurve, and the Evo. The only big difference between the original and the Evo is the belt, which is a pretty nice improvement IMO. I still have the original and the Evo, but got rid of the XCurve because the flat stays just seem to fit my back better. If you really wanted to see what you were missing, I’m sure you could buy one, try it out, and if it didn’t work just send it back. You’d only be out shipping, or you could most likely resell it, and only take a minimal loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! appreciate the info. I definitely think saving 10oz is worth it. The X-Curve would probably be more comfortable packing out quarters...but that sucks no matter..lol

I tried them both on their shop and the krux evo fit me better than the x curve and I think I have a curved (lower) back. It had weight in it but I didn’t leave the shop. YMMV.

DWhitt

Lil-Rokslider
I tried them both on their shop and the krux evo fit me better than the x curve and I think I have a curved (lower) back. It had weight in it but I didn’t leave the shop. YMMV.

I have had the xcurve, 2 Kifaru duplexs, 2 duplex light all with curved stays. The xcurve felt the best till I just got a krux evo. My back is curved also but man this frame felt awesome to me. IDk why I always assumed I need curves stays but this evo is awesome!

sheffe

FNG
Both the the Xcurve and Krux are great upgrades, just depends on the shape of your back. Call those guys @SG and talk it through, they wont steer you wrong.

I have had the xcurve, 2 Kifaru duplexs, 2 duplex light all with curved stays. The xcurve felt the best till I just got a krux evo. My back is curved also but man this frame felt awesome to me. IDk why I always assumed I need curves stays but this evo is awesome!
Man this is surprising and makes me want to try an Evo just because. I have a curved back and always just assumed I need the curved frame to match.

For me the X-Curve is more comfortable, but putting a x-curve belt on my old frame made a world of difference as well. I had them put it on there when they were repairing the load shelf.

Are any of you guys bigger? I am 6'6" and 295 and trying to figure out if the x-curve frame would fit me well.

NolanKM

FNG
Moving to SG this year. Relatively sure the Xcurve will be best but curious about their other frames... wondering if it's worth ordering more than one frame and keeping the one that fits to be sure. Can anyone comment on the R3?