Stone Glacier XCurve & Sky 5900 Field Report

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
Yea, that's what I thought, it just looks smaller. If you can't tell, I'm really at odds as to what to do. I'm following the frame comparison thread, and I understand fit is individual. All I have ever owned is Kifaru, so I really have no frame of reference. I have a curved back, tried the Krux, and it was not for me. This however has me close to making the switch...

I can report back to you when mine arrives, I ordered it yesterday. I can tell you that I had been using a Mystery Ranch NICE frame, which didn't fit me very well. I tried my buddy's new Kifaru for a few days and it was noticeably better for my curved back, but still had a couple of things I didn't like. I really hope this X-Curve is as good as I think it is going to be. Report to follow.

Tex68w

WKR
I have a curved back and a messed up lumbar, the X-Curve frame fits my lower back nicely and the lumbar pad has provided nice support for the bad part of my back. I haven't rucked with more than 60lbs in the pack yet but so far the frame carries the load so nicely that I can hardly tell that I have anything on my back at all. I think the closer I get to 100lbs the more I'll notice the load.

OP
S
If you get up to 150 pounds in it Tex, let me know how it does. I estimated I had close to 120-130 pounds in it with an entire deer and all my gear and food. When I hoisted it up and got it on my back, I honestly was shocked at how comfortable that kind of weight felt in it. I looked back to see if my hunt buddy was lifting it up, trying to help, but he wasn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
S
Great report, very thorough Hunter Sargent. I'm happy the XCurve worked out as good for you as it has been for me. It's really on another level of comfort when the loads get big.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just got the load cell and am very impressed with the quality of the bag. Great sewing and a little heavier duty material then your average dry bag. I have been messing around with different bags to use with de-boned meat and have not been 100% happy with they way they fit in the load sling, but the custom shape of the SG bag will be perfect.

Just got the load cell and am very impressed with the quality of the bag. Great sewing and a little heavier duty material then your average dry bag. I have been messing around with different bags to use with de-boned meat and have not been 100% happy with they way they fit in the load sling, but the custom shape of the SG bag will be perfect.

Todd if you get a chance can you show how it closes? I've been interested in it but can't quite see how it works based on the pics on stone glacier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd if you get a chance can you show how it closes? I've been interested in it but can't quite see how it works based on the pics on stone glacier.

How the loadcell closes? It closes just like a dry bag, roll top down and buckle together.
762b072875c584fb76b8cf8198b1ada5.jpg
3eef43811c5fb843bc22e4dda2aeea01.jpg

From my guess the two grey strap buckles are for attaching the top straps from the frame to the bag to keep the load cell tight to the frame.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Weekender

WKR
Don't want to derail the original topic but...can you run that dry bag with no pack bag? If it was just a meat haul where pack wasn't needed?

So far the x-curve living up to all the hype. So far 50lb loads haul like they're glued to your back. Haven't tried more maybe closer to the season.

How the loadcell closes? It closes just like a dry bag, roll top down and buckle together.
762b072875c584fb76b8cf8198b1ada5.jpg
3eef43811c5fb843bc22e4dda2aeea01.jpg

Thank you, on the website you can't see the buckles, at least I didn't, and thought it used the 2 ladder locks only.

Don't want to derail the original topic but...can you run that dry bag with no pack bag? If it was just a meat haul where pack wasn't needed?

So far the x-curve living up to all the hype. So far 50lb loads haul like they're glued to your back. Haven't tried more maybe closer to the season.

yep, i'll add a pic in a min.
attachment.php

attachment.php

on a side note I was able to get a couple of MR accessories to fit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Stone Glacier XCurve & Sky 5900 Field Report

I don't know if anything has changed with SG but you used to be able to just buy the frame and loadcell, it was called the Minimalist. I believe that was back when you couldn't just buy a frame by itself. I purchased that system a couple years ago for my son because all I really needed was the frame for him, as I already had several bags.

I don't know if anything has changed with SG but you used to be able to just buy the frame and loadcell, it was called the Minimalist. I believe that was back when you couldn't just buy a frame by itself. I purchased that system a couple years ago for my son because all I really needed was the frame for him, as I already had several bags.

Minimalist — Stone Glacier

Tex68w

WKR
Someone asked for a pic with a bow attached. Took it on a four mile ruck today, the bow didn't move an inch and it didn't throw off the balance of the pack. I had roughly 50lbs in the pack. I did take the stabilizer off before I left, ideally I would have thrown it in the pack on a real hunt.