Stone glacier

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience packing something as large as a moose or Buffalo quarter in a SG Pack? I have really liked my kifaru but I can’t get the belt to stop slipping after 3 years of trying different things with it I think I just need to try something else. Any insight would be helpful. I’ve looked through lots of the posts about the main different packs but haven’t seen much about this

Lots of pics of guys carrying moose heads or meat on Instagram with sg packs. I don’t hunt moose but is a quarter around 150 pounds?

OP
C

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of pics of guys carrying moose heads or meat on Instagram with sg packs. I don’t hunt moose but is a quarter around 150 pounds?
Ya 125-150. I couldn’t find any on Instagram! I guess I need to look harder

Ya I seen them on random pages. Even on stone glacier site they are packing out a moose with the tali’s 6900. If your a guy that primarily hunts those species. I think that Barney’s pack would suit you best. If you want multifunction then sg 6900 is probably best.

AKaDougie

FNG
What frame kifaru do you have?
I had a duplex hunter years ago and had that same issue.
I have a SG xcurve and have packed out caribou, grizzly, moose with it. Stays on my back and doesn’t slip, only issue I have is the hip belt tightening design.
I ran a EXO K3 this year and packed out a moose with it. K3 is very comfortable slightly more than a SG for me. I did break a carbon stay while packing out moose head, but they were awesome to work with and sent me a replacement one. I think a moose tooth chipped stay causing it to snap.
I am going to test a Kifaru duplex lite this winter.