Stone Glacier’s New Chilkoot 15F Sleeping Bag test

Picked up my 15 degree today. Pretty excited to see how the bag does this year. Weighed right on the mark at 2.3 lbs and fits with ease In a 10 liter granite gear dry bag with event on the bottom. I would say the provided stuff sack is close to or just over 10 liters and is actually stuffed pretty well to fit.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Doverpack and Rodney, They do pack down nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck1

FNG
My current bag will have condisation on top in the mornings and wondering if you had this with S.G.?? Just dont want to buy a bag and have the same problem.

twall13

WKR
My current bag will have condisation on top in the mornings and wondering if you had this with S.G.?? Just dont want to buy a bag and have the same problem.
Condensation on top usually means your bag is doing a good job of moving the moisture from your body to the outside of the bag, which is a good thing as that is where it won't effect your insulation. It's a pain to deal with drying it out but that's part of being out there in conditions that lead to condensation. Maybe others have a different take on it but that's how I understand it. I typically sleep in a hammock and having airflow under a tarp it's a rarity that I deal with condensation but I have had it build up when conditions are right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Man this bag seems awesome. I'm still torn between this bag and a Kifaru slick bag for the synthetic insulation aspect. The SG down bag saves about 1.5lbs plus it packs much smaller. Sometimes I feel the down bag wetting out gets over blown. in the Lower 48 how often does this really happen? I've used a down bag for years and have never had it happen but I haven't used it in really wet conditions or days on end that have rain.

rodney482

WKR
Ive owned both. Will be testing out the SG in a few weeks but I trust Robbys review as well

Man this bag seems awesome. I'm still torn between this bag and a Kifaru slick bag for the synthetic insulation aspect. The SG down bag saves about 1.5lbs plus it packs much smaller. Sometimes I feel the down bag wetting out gets over blown. in the Lower 48 how often does this really happen? I've used a down bag for years and have never had it happen but I haven't used it in really wet conditions or days on end that have rain.