Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
What’s a “real” job??

You can’t make some people happy. These people could be living on welfare and food stamps and sucking off the government tit.

Instead, they figured out how to make money doing something that they liked. They make money, pay taxes and provide for their families.
Fine, but they also ruin the things we enjoy in the process.

Again, I go back to the point I made in the original post. Provide entertainment. Everyone loves entertainment. Stop the shortcut how-to’s. That’s the root of the problem in my eyes.

Dirtbag

WKR
I hea

I hear ya on the American dream! And I support capitalism ardently, but the American dream was also built on the backs of plumbers, carpenters, welders, bricklayers, iron workers, linemen, roofers, etc. And those are in very short supply right now with an aging population of tradesmen. We need some youthful reinvigoration in the trades. But unfortunately, many kids these days dont want to work and look up to internet jackasses as “professional role models”.

My kid’s middle school class did a poll on “what do you want to be when you grow up“. An alarming percentage was Influencer/YouTuber. That’s sad. And scary!
It will be interesting, trades jobs are essential, youtubers not so much. Unfortunately we need the market to shift to show it. When people start to see that you can make really good money in trades you'll start to see participation. Those wages need to far exceed those of influencers/youtubers, because the fact of the matter is they are hard work. Am i going to try to be a plumber for $80k or a youtuber for the same if not more? Its crazy to think you can make six figures making youtube videos but thats the world we live in.

bozeman

WKR
A lot of jealousy from those who have not figured out how to leverage social media for their benefit financially........its easy to see........

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
A lot of jealousy from those who have not figured out how to leverage social media for their benefit financially........its easy to see........
Haha, jealousy, hell no! You could double or triple what I make at my job and hand me a Social Media position of some sort and I’d piss on it. Seriously. There’s more than money in the world to me. I enjoy making my honest living. Social Media whores are scourges of society in my view. Not enough money in the world for me to sell my soul to become one.

KurtR

WKR
Opportunity to hunt isnt my problem time and money more so. I could hunt something 365 20 minutes from my house. Living somewhere that doesn’t suck is key.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
Start with a trade job, earning $75k a year. Learn the business. Figure out a way to do it better. Be disruptive. Create your own company. Own the market and make millions. That’s the American dream! Not whoring out for clicks.

woods89

WKR
You all are comparing a 75k trade job to making 1 mil plus as an influencer. Its not even fing comparable to the hit you tubers. Wtf would you go beat up your body in a real job? For respect? From who a bunch of boomers on the internet.

Heck one girl made 50k in a month selling farts in a jar.
Fair point, but Dan and Farris Wilks started as stone masons. Now they're billionaires. There are outliers in every line of work. I'm not going to represent that becoming a billionaire is a realistic goal for someone who wants to be a mason.

What percentage of influencers are really making real money? Or do we just see the top few percentage points?

I'm not sure what an economy looks like when you can't find a plumber that can snake your sewer line for 3 weeks but you can watch unlimited Tik Tok.

bozeman

WKR
Or it’s people genuinely concerned about the impact it’s having on resources and the direction of using hunting/fishing/recreation as nothing more than a way to make a buck
So your involvement to ensure outfitters are limited in the past 5, 10, 20 years? Since its 'genuine concern' and all?

Haha, jealousy, hell no! You could double or triple what I make at my job and hand me a Social Media position of some sort and I’d piss on it. Seriously. There’s more than money in the world to me. I enjoy making my honest living. Social Media whores are scourges of society in my view. Not enough money in the world for me to sell my soul to become one.
OK, there........let's all bow down to your self-righteousness. That's the reason you started this post.......whining.....

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
So your involvement to ensure outfitters are limited in the past 5, 10, 20 years? Since its 'genuine concern' and all?

OK, there........let's all bow down to your self-righteousness. That's the reason you started this post.......whining.....
No. Not whining. Awareness. And I’m glad to see the pendulum finally swinging in the other direction away from SM whoredom. So mission accomplished. You can call it what you please.

Ucsdryder

WKR
If they’re truly doing it to get more hunters on board, to open up public lands, blah blah blah, then donate all the money to rmef. Then I’ll believe you. Until then, I’ll say they’re all full of shit as they spend 8 minutes rattling off their sponsors.

There are some legit content creators out there but even then you are a slave to the algorithms of the platforms. I have been a fan of BroScienceLife since the early days but he went and started a car show right when Youtube changed their algorithm to promote vloggers that post every day. He dumped a ton of money into the first episode then got screwed because nobody got it in their feed.

woods89

WKR