Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

I'd love to see a graph with earnings from across the spectrum. I have no trouble with the idea that some are making a lot of money, but I'd like to see the stats, as I bet there are a lot of aspiring performers who are not making much.

Who knows though, maybe I'd be surprised.
Newberg is employing him plus 5 people thats at least 500k a year.
Youtube and tik to themselves don't pay much if any money. But the hustlers are raking in plenty.

I'd love to see a graph with earnings from across the spectrum. I have no trouble with the idea that some are making a lot of money, but I'd like to see the stats, as I bet there are a lot of aspiring performers who are not making much.

Who knows though, maybe I'd be surprised.
I think your suspicions will be upheld. There are only a handful of content creators that are actually making enough to actually earn a living and even then many get burned out after a few years anyway. A lot of people in the game are miserable and end up quitting. The problem too is you are making money on a platform from the ads they sell so if your content does not align with advertisements you can take a hit. It usually ends up with actual creators just making least common denominator garbage to appease the platform. I remember when The Great War channel got hit but the advertisement rework and they lost a bunch of money because YouTube could not figure out what ads to run on a WWI historical channel. That and if you say anything remotely political the leftists trolls will hit you with a 'copyright strike' or crap like that and you end up spending a week fighting it.

woods89

WKR
Newberg is employing him plus 5 people thats at least 500k a year.
Youtube and tik to themselves don't pay much if any money. But the hustlers are raking in plenty.
Again, though, Newberg is not an average outdoor influencer. Lots of "so and so outdoors" out there who are doing it for free hats and discounted gear.

bozeman

WKR
@woods89 - you are correct.....this isn't going to change anytime soon. Too many good ol boys wanting free/discounted products. Make a few videos and post it online. Its here, its staying, its growing.....might as well accept it and learn how to maximize it.

woods89

WKR
@woods89 - you are correct.....this isn't going to change anytime soon. Too many good ol boys wanting free/discounted products. Make a few videos and post it online. Its here, its staying, its growing.....might as well accept it and learn how to maximize it.
Unfortunately, you are probably correct. It's an interesting conversation to have, though.

TheTone

WKR
So your involvement to ensure outfitters are limited in the past 5, 10, 20 years? Since its 'genuine concern' and all?

OK, there........let's all bow down to your self-righteousness. That's the reason you started this post.......whining.....
I won’t say what I do but I have a college degree (as does my wife) we both work in resource management fields. I probably average around 200 work days a year in the field. My guess, yeah I’m doing more positive for the resource in a year than most influencers

KurtR

WKR
I won’t say what I do but I have a college degree (as does my wife) we both work in resource management fields. I probably average around 200 work days a year in the field. My guess, yeah I’m doing more positive for the resource in a year than most influencers
Way to set the tone your an asset to every outdoorsman

TheTone

WKR
Way to set the tone your an asset to every outdoorsman
Yeah maybe that came across a bit douchey. It just gets kinda old to see people out killing for content as they great amazing conservationists when there are people who truly devote their life too it as a career and probably make significantly less than some influencer

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah maybe that came across a bit douchey. It just gets kinda old to see people out killing for content as they great amazing conservationists when there are people who truly devote their life too it as a career and probably make significantly less than some influencer
It did but thank you for bringing some context back to this thread with this comment.

Edit: My apologies, I didn’t intend for my comment to come across as sarcastic. My intent was to thank you for clarifying your last comment.

Last edited:

OXN939

WKR
To reignite this dumpster fire... the latest from some more social media experts, who are clearly very qualified to be teaching anyone anything about hunting:

Screenshot_20220710-165528_Instagram.jpg

This is my problem with the influencer crowd- almost all of them either know much less about the outdoors than they profess or are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: OMB

Mikido

WKR
To reignite this dumpster fire... the latest from some more social media experts, who are clearly very qualified to be teaching anyone anything about hunting:

View attachment 427184

This is my problem with the influencer crowd- almost all of them either know much less about the outdoors than they profess or are doing it for the wrong reasons.
What’s wrong with this exactly?

OXN939

WKR
What’s wrong with this exactly?

The ad is for a seminar on whitetail deer. That picture is a roe deer, which are native to Europe.

The guy who posted that is, supposedly, an Outdoor Life contributor.

Sone influencers are doing so to get hunters involved in public land. It isn’t about money. It isn’t about fame. It’s about getting hunters voices heard in the discussion of hunting on public lands.

I get wired up when that gets abused by certain groups. However, I don’t look at Randy in that bunch.

Mikido

WKR
The ad is for a seminar on whitetail deer. That picture is a roe deer, which are native to Europe.

The guy who posted that is, supposedly, an Outdoor Life contributor.
At least it wasnt a pic of a massive buck. I think their intent was to promote hunting to urban folks who really have no exposure to it. That’s not good?

Mikido

WKR
Man I dunno. Might just be me but I feel like you should be able to correctly identify the species you're giving a seminar on...
Meh, small infraction. At first glance I thought it was a gnarly spike buck. It seems they went out of their way not to advertise a big rack, which I applaud. I live in nyc and it took me a lot of work to find places to hunt over the years. A little more crowded now? Perhaps, but more licenses=more like minded inviduals in my state that will help protect all my rights……fingers crossed