Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

tdhanses

WKR
You going to ban google?

Type in any hunting unit, in any state in the U.S....brace yourself.

Every outfitter, GF webpage, forum, etc. etc. etc. etc. with all the information you need.

But, what it DOESN'T provide is the how, why, when or that experience, days in the field are the only REAL way to success...and there just aren't many that savvy that part of the equation.

Its why hunting is an industry, most haven't a clue. They think the next gadget or youtube video will solve their woes.

I'm just not insecure enough as a hunter to worry much about any of the hype, including "influencers".
Well of course your not, you have guaranteed tags, it’s not about success.

How can you have a chance at success if you can’t get a tag?

BuzzH

WKR
You are 100% missing the whole point. These types are definitely competition when it comes to actually getting tags, that is what OP is pointing out.

OR, maybe you are purposely ignoring it since BHA has shifted from a Public Lands group to essentially a hunter recruitment group so you are towing the line....
Cry me a river...

Competition for tags has been happening since the first Limited Quota tag was introduced...way back in the 1940's (or earlier).

Adapt or die...

BuzzH

WKR
Well of course your not, you have guaranteed tags, it’s not about success.

How can you have a chance at success if you can’t get a tag?
Can you name a state where a Resident can not obtain a tag/license to hunt something every year?

I can't...

Your problem isn't social media or influencers, your problem is that many just aren't happy hunting the state they live in anymore.

Many have more vacation time now.

Many have the resources to hunt more than one state.

Travel has become multitudes easier...try ripping down the road from Wyoming to Arizona in a 1978 dodge power wagon. Flights are stupid cheap.

Certainly the internet has made a contribution to that as well...but FAR from the only reason.

The list is endless on what's driving NR demand.

tdhanses

WKR
Can you name a state where a Resident can not obtain a tag/license to hunt something?

I can't...
Kansas, I can’t obtain an elk tag every year, actually I can’t obtain a mule deer or antelope rifle tag every year either.

All tags KS has.

Not the point though, you are the king of derailing.

BuzzH

WKR
Kansas, I can’t obtain an elk tag every year, actually I can’t obtain a mule deer or antelope rifle tag every year either.

All tags KS has.

Not the point though, you are the king of derailing.
Did you forget "license"...do you have to draw a tag for waterfowl? Upland birds? Small game?

I'd rather be the king of derailing than the king of whining about google...

For the record, what is your plan to put the internet genie back in the bottle?

These threads are always interesting to me. I spend a lot of time on the computer and I hardly ever see any content from Randy or any other "influencers".

I'm betting most people complaining about it must watch a lot of the same videos they complain about which is why their feeds continue to suggest more of the same content. Just a thought....

Also, if you don't watch YouTube hunting content, you don't know what the new hunter is being exposed to.

I'll admit to being pretty oblivious to what actually goes on or is said in podcasts, YouTube, or Facebook groups, cause I don't watch/listen/participate.

I don't think anyone would say that I don't spend a bunch of time on a device, just not in areas that expose me to what the new hunters get exposed to.

Old grumpy fart out.

Mtnboy

WKR
Cry me a river...

Competition for tags has been happening since the first Limited Quota tag was introduced...way back in the 1940's (or earlier).

Adapt or die...
Again, nice deferral. Of course there is gonna be competition for Limited Quota Tags. What people are growing tired of is influencers feeling like it is their calling in life to pimp out every OTC/easy opportunity available to make it as easy as possible for people with zero clue to obtain tags. All in the name of likes, followers, fame and more sales for their sponsors.

tdhanses

WKR
Based on your zip code, it sounds like you should reconsider that choice.
Just isn’t my thing, I can hunt in my back yard if I want, just isn’t hunting to me, I didn’t even hunt in KS this year but did in CO and WY.

But this has nothing to do with the discussion.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not my thing, never have enjoyed bird hunting but from what I hear it’s even worse then western elk as far as pressure.
Oh ok, I know my dad went there like 25 years back and shot some sort of turkey because he wanted to do the turkey grand slam or something. I dont know what sort of turkey it was, I guess there like 5 different kinds.