Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

SDHNTR

WKR
This stuff is the problem! Why can't the influencers just entertain, why do they feel the need to "inform" too? How to draw tags? More like how to screw up even more what's already screwed up! This info is already out there for those that really want it, and earn it. Randy, I used to like your schtick, but you've gone too far recently. We don't need more easy buttons. You're killing the Golden Goose.

Edit: I deleted the video upon further thought. Why draw even more attention to it? Sorry, carry on. Nothing to see here. Mods can feel free to delete thread.

Last edited:
Lol. My gripe is each western state is different. That’s where it gets confusing trying to get a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
Instafluencers get paid by some of the state game and fish agencies to promote hunting in said state.

Our hard earned money, spent on licenses, tags, donations, and Pittman Robertson money is going to people that hunt for a living. It’s literally market hunting, paid for by us. Money that should be spent on conservation and restoration is going into peoples pockets that have handfuls of big game tags in multiple states.

Matt Rinella is a lot closer to the right side of this than many give him credit for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
His hunting years are winding down and he needs more revenue streams and a deeper brand.

The goal is create a deep brand, and then sell that brand and become enriched.

This is all just economics, it has nothing to do with hunting.
That is the intent of many a business owner. I'm somewhat in the process of doing something similar with my business too. The problem here is, he's doing this at the expense of everyone else's experience.

Last edited:

Bighorse

WKR
I want the man who influences the forest by improving access, diminishing predators, and carefully harvesting the game he needs. Said “influencer” can also influence the regional F&G advisory board with sound observations about the real status of the land on which he influences. Howling and drawing attention online is like inviting a flock of Ravens and eagles to a wolf kill. Add a wandering bear into the mix too! We are not that far removed from Mother Nature gentlemen. Mature healthy herds await the keen observer of natural patterns. Maintain your stealth and be a steward of the game populations and your access to them. Stay hungry for your grandchildren!

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
What I am trying to say is that Randy is a shrewd businessman, he (and his partners) see great opportunities for enrichment within the hunting market. Very few Americans hunt, if that market can be expanded, greater profits may be realized. New hunters will not realize they are hunting in a unit degraded by marketing strategy.
I hear you loud and clear. I get it. I also love your username!

Broomd

WKR
All they need is for you to pay attention to them that 1% A 99% ignore rate is actually quite good. Expand the market of marks who pay attention 1% of the time and you have a great business model.

They are businessmen, ever-improving businessmen.
Ish my friend, that 1% is allowance for this thread!

tdhanses

WKR
What’s funny is you have Randy really pushing content to get more NR‘s hunting various states, such as WY and then you have his good buddy BuzzH fighing to reduce NR opportunities in WY.

Both which will make it difficult to hunt there in the future as a NR.

Maybe Randy should focus on Eastern, Canadian and African hunting opportunities and let the West be, as it has a great participation rate by both NR and R hunters, no need to pimp these states like WY where it takes 3pts+ to even hunt general units.

Or maybe do resident only content, show the residents their best opportunities and leave the high pressure NR stuff alone.

wapitibob

WKR
This stuff is the problem! Why can't the influencers just entertain, why do they feel the need to "inform" too? How to draw tags? More like how to screw up even more what's already screwed up! This info is already out there for those that really want it, and earn it. Randy, I used to like your schtick, but you've gone too far recently. We don't need more easy buttons. You're killing the Golden Goose.

Edit: I deleted the video upon further thought. Why draw even more attention to it? Sorry, carry on. Nothing to see here. Mods can feel free to delete thread.

Why don't you grow some balls and post this on newbergs forum since you're directing it at him?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
These threads are always interesting to me. I spend a lot of time on the computer and I hardly ever see any content from Randy or any other "influencers".

I'm betting most people complaining about it must watch a lot of the same videos they complain about which is why their feeds continue to suggest more of the same content. Just a thought....

tdhanses

WKR
These threads are always interesting to me. I spend a lot of time on the computer and I hardly ever see any content from Randy or any other "influencers".

I'm betting most people complaining about it must watch a lot of the same videos they complain about which is why their feeds continue to suggest more of the same content. Just a thought....
Hard to say, I think if you watch youtube hunting shows similar things pop up that you don’t have to be subscribed to, so it’s easy to see even if you don’t search it out or even watch it, the titles usually say all it has to.

BuzzH

WKR
What’s funny is you have Randy really pushing content to get more NR‘s hunting various states, such as WY and then you have his good buddy BuzzH fighing to reduce NR opportunities in WY.

Both which will make it difficult to hunt there in the future as a NR.

Maybe Randy should focus on Eastern, Canadian and African hunting opportunities and let the West be, as it has a great participation rate by both NR and R hunters, no need to pimp these states like WY where it takes 3pts+ to even hunt general units.

Or maybe do resident only content, show the residents their best opportunities and leave the high pressure NR stuff alone.
Clearly, a total misunderstanding of how NR licenses are allocated in Wyoming for deer, elk and pronghorn.

We've been through this, start telling the truth.

Hunting pressure and getting tags these days is getting rough. I wish I started about 10 years before I did with out of state hunting. Now I am hoping that someday things will swing the other way. If it doesn't I feel for the younger kids trying to get a tag.

tdhanses

WKR
Clearly, a total misunderstanding of how NR licenses are allocated in Wyoming for deer, elk and pronghorn.

We've been through this, start telling the truth.
Clearly, but i’m not going to rehash it, you have your opinion on how it’ll play out and I have mine, others can form their own opinons with time and how an expanded reduction in limited tags at some point in the future will roll more into the gen tag pool increasing pt creep, reducing ops for those that pref a gen tag over a limited. Spill over effect, while not in this go around, i’m sure your not done and will continue to push for deer, elk and antelope reductions in limited units for NR?

Guess you are right, tags numbers won’t change just number of years between drawing will for both limited and gen tags.

Last edited:

tdhanses

WKR
Hunting pressure and getting tags these days is getting rough. I wish I started about 10 years before I did with out of state hunting. Now I am hoping that someday things will swing the other way. If it doesn't I feel for the younger kids trying to get a tag.
Before long content will be how can you plan so you can western hunt every 5 years or every 10 as a NR.