Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

wapitibob

WKR
He’s an active member here, he know’s many of us don’t like what he does and wish he’d stick to only his hunting, no balls needed.

He won’t agree and it’s his choice to put out what he wants and how he wants.

Has nothing to do with whether he agrees or not. Newberg has a forum, if you have a problem with his content, go over there and tell him so instead of hiding on another forum where the only reason for posting is to get favorable feedback. Or better yet, call him on the phone and discuss it like an adult.

tdhanses

WKR
Has nothing to do with whether he agrees or not. Newberg has a forum, if you have a problem with his content, go over there and tell him so instead of hiding on another forum where the only reason for posting is to get favorable feedback. Or better yet, call him on the phone and discuss it like an adult.
Doubt many of us are members of it, we don’t have to run to his platform to talk about him and he can come here if he likes, again no balls needed, Randy is a nice guy.

Doubt Randy has the time or desire to talk to everyone that disagrees with him.

I get it, maybe his fanboys would jump more all over the op if he took it there, lol, give you a little excitment.

BuzzH

WKR
Clearly, but i’m not going to rehash it, you have your opinion on how it’ll play out and I have mine, others can form their own opinons with time and how an expanded reduction in limited tags at some point in the future will roll more into the gen tag pool increasing pt creep, reducing ops for those that pref a gen tag over a limited. Spill over effect, while not in this go around, i’m sure your not done and will continue to push for deer, elk and antelope reductions in limited units for NR?

Guess you are right, tags won’t change just number of years between drawing will.
you're...

You don't know the history...this started in 2016 from a group of WY hunters, and the goal posts haven't changed from what we wanted.

I can't control what others do...

AZ8

WKR
This stuff is the problem! Why can't the influencers just entertain, why do they feel the need to "inform" too? How to draw tags? More like how to screw up even more what's already screwed up! This info is already out there for those that really want it, and earn it. Randy, I used to like your schtick, but you've gone too far recently. We don't need more easy buttons. You're killing the Golden Goose.

Edit: I deleted the video upon further thought. Why draw even more attention to it? Sorry, carry on. Nothing to see here. Mods can feel free to delete thread.
The horse has left the barn. The dynamics have changed. Have you read that Covid article recently posted by onX?

Hate to say it, but for every guy like you, there are 100 guys that eat this stuff up and follow.

You and I, along with a bunch on this forum are a dying breed. Within the hunting community, the Social Media generation is now in control and EXPECT this every year.

BuzzH

WKR
The horse has left the barn. The dynamics have changed. Have you read that Covid article recently posted by onX?

Hate to say it, but for every guy like you, there are 100 guys that eat this stuff up and follow.

You and I, along with a bunch on this forum are a dying breed. Within the hunting community, the Social Media generation is now in control and EXPECT this every year.
Anyone want to discuss the GF/FWP/DNR pages complete with hunt planners?

Every state I apply in has more and better information than any influencer...including maps, draw odds, biologists phone numbers, phone numbers to application assistants, places to get started hunting, specific drainages/areas, etc. etc. etc. etc.

tdhanses

WKR
you're...

You don't know the history...this started in 2016 from a group of WY hunters, and the goal posts haven't changed from what we wanted.

I can't control what others do...
Thanks for the correction, no I know you fully read what I type, haha.

Yes you can’t control it but it’s your choice to support it or not, right?

tdhanses

WKR

Every state I apply in has more and better information than any influencer...including maps, draw odds, biologists phone numbers, phone numbers to application assistants, places to get started hunting, specific drainages/areas, etc. etc. etc. etc.
I completely agree but most are lazy and don’t search it out till they watch a video, that at a high level points out what is possible.

There are many opportunities most never even know about because they don’t care enough to figure it out themselves but once provided on a plate they eat it up.

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR

True. I’m gonna go cry into my pillow now.

wapitibob

WKR

2/3 of new hunters were introduced by family or friends.

BuzzH

WKR
Thanks for the correction, no I know you fully read what I type, haha.

Yes you can’t control it but it’s your choice to support it or not, right?
now.

Yes, it is my choice and its always the correct choice, in case you were wondering.

AZ8

WKR

Yes, you are correct. The various GF websites contain all the info a person needs. Much more than what we had 20-30 years ago. We were lucky to get a booklet back in the day…lol

Now, with SM, it’s wrapped up nicely with little work. I think that’s the OP’s concern……it’s just too easy. What took some effort and work, now only takes a 10-15 minute video on YT.

crich

WKR
This stuff is the problem! Why can't the influencers just entertain, why do they feel the need to "inform" too? How to draw tags? More like how to screw up even more what's already screwed up! This info is already out there for those that really want it, and earn it. Randy, I used to like your schtick, but you've gone too far recently. We don't need more easy buttons. You're killing the Golden Goose.

Edit: I deleted the video upon further thought. Why draw even more attention to it? Sorry, carry on. Nothing to see here. Mods can feel free to delete thread.
It's like when youre highschool and someone has some info or dirt they can spread to unknowing people. They get confirmation from others that tickles their dopamine receptors. Same reason people gossip. Plus these people on social media are just trying to get the most likes and money they possibly can. Social media has royally screwed up society. No one can live their lives without the need for other people to approve of it.

Ill also add "influencer" is a BS version of a celebrity. At least celebrities are usually a professional in a field whether its sports singing whatever. Video editing and photoshop doesnt count.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ8
OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR

Yes but that’s not how these new Millennial and Gen Z hunters obtain information. That requires reading comprehension and analysis. That’s too hard. It’s 100% SM these days pal.

BuzzH

WKR
I completely agree but most are lazy and don’t search it out till they watch a video, that at a high level points out what is possible.

There are many opportunities most never even know about because they don’t care enough to figure it out themselves but once provided on a plate they eat it up.
You going to ban google?

Type in any hunting unit, in any state in the U.S....brace yourself.

Every outfitter, GF webpage, forum, etc. etc. etc. etc. with all the information you need.

But, what it DOESN'T provide is the how, why, when or that experience, days in the field are the only REAL way to success...and there just aren't many that savvy that part of the equation.

Its why hunting is an industry, most haven't a clue. They think the next gadget or youtube video will solve their woes.

I'm just not insecure enough as a hunter to worry much about any of the hype, including "influencers".

BuzzH

WKR
Yes but that’s not how these new Millennial and Gen Z hunters obtain information. That requires reading comprehension and analysis. That’s too hard. It’s 100% SM these days pal.
And you actually worry about these types as competition?

I just don't.

Mtnboy

WKR
You going to ban google?

Type in any hunting unit, in any state in the U.S....brace yourself.

Every outfitter, GF webpage, forum, etc. etc. etc. etc. with all the information you need.

But, what it DOESN'T provide is the how, why, when or that experience, days in the field are the only REAL way to success...and there just aren't many that savvy that part of the equation.

Its why hunting is an industry, most haven't a clue. They think the next gadget or youtube video will solve their woes.

I'm just not insecure enough as a hunter to worry much about any of the hype, including "influencers".

Most of this isn't even relevant to the discussion at hand. Nice try at a deferral though.

Mtnboy

WKR
And you actually worry about these types as competition?

I just don't.
You are 100% missing the whole point. These types are definitely competition when it comes to actually getting tags, that is what OP is pointing out.

OR, maybe you are purposely ignoring it since BHA has shifted from a Public Lands group to essentially a hunter recruitment group so you are towing the line....