Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

tdhanses

WKR
Oh ok, I know my dad went there like 25 years back and shot some sort of turkey because he wanted to do the turkey grand slam or something. I dont know what sort of turkey it was, I guess there like 5 different kinds.
Bird hunting is huge here.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Also, if you don't watch YouTube hunting content, you don't know what the new hunter is being exposed to.

I'll admit to being pretty oblivious to what actually goes on or is said in podcasts, YouTube, or Facebook groups, cause I don't watch/listen/participate.

I don't think anyone would say that I don't spend a bunch of time on a device, just not in areas that expose me to what the new hunters get exposed to.

Old grumpy fart out.
I guess that was my point. These threads are always started by someone who watches the content they say they don't like.

Seems the content would naturally dry up if people stopped watching it?

southLA

WKR
It is pretty frustrating doing all the legwork yourself as far as figuring out units, finding spots, laying out plans, and then someone puts out a 20 minute youtube video and spills all the beans. Not that it isn't public knowledge mostly, but still to say.

Mtnboy

WKR
I guess that was my point. These threads are always started by someone who watches the content they say they don't like.

Seems the content would naturally dry up if people stopped watching it?
Maybe people enjoy Randy's videos that have actual hunting?

BuzzH

WKR
It is pretty frustrating doing all the legwork yourself as far as figuring out units, finding spots, laying out plans, and then someone puts out a 20 minute youtube video and spills all the beans. Not that it isn't public knowledge mostly, but still to say.
But, that's every unit in every state...so what beans are actually being spilled??? I can tell you, all of them, in every unit.

Not really narrowing it down much.

Every unit I've hunted in every State I've hunted, I've seen all kinds of information about.

What you're experiencing is you pay more attention when its a unit you hunt, but people hunt in every unit in every state. You just don't pay attention to the spilled beans in those places.

Mtnboy

WKR
But, that's every unit in every state...so what beans are actually being spilled??? I can tell you, all of them, in every unit.

Every unit I've hunted in every State I've hunted, I've seen all kinds of information about.

What you're experiencing is you pay more attention when its a unit you hunt, but people hunt in every unit in every state. You just don't pay attention to the spilled beans in those places.
More deflection....

Maybe you really don't understand what people don't like?

What the OP and this thread is about is the constant stream of videos from your influencer buddies that break down every single step that needs to be taken to get a tag so that even the lowest IQ people on the planet can figure it out.

We'd simply like them to leave well enough alone and for folks to have to spend some time and energy to figure it out on their own instead of having an "easy button" created by self serving influencers who are more concerned about their wallet than anything else.

Hopefully that is clear enough that you understand now.

tdhanses

WKR

To me it’s the fact I’m willing to research possible opportunities i’d like to do vs having someone do it for me.

But once someone starts holding the hands of more people, more people will jump in.

I know you like to deflect and won’t stay to the discussion, we all know there are a ton of resources available that allow us to research opportunities, but we have to do our own work and it would be nice if it wasn’t just handed out, yes many platforms make it easier but video’s seem to be the easiest way for the lazy to get a leg up.

Why not just make hunting and gear content? Why even go into draws and opportunities in any state?

One key fact is, NR hunting is going to be more difficult to participate in every year and if it’s easier for some to figure out that’ll make it more difficult yet to get tags that already have a high demand.

BuzzH

WKR
More deflection....

Maybe you really don't understand what people don't like?

What the OP and this thread is about is the constant stream of videos from your influencer buddies that break down every single step that needs to be taken to get a tag so that even the lowest IQ people on the planet can figure it out.

We'd simply like them to leave well enough alone and for folks to have to spend some time and energy to figure it out on their own instead of having an "easy button" created by self serving influencers who are more concerned about their wallet than anything else.

Hopefully that is clear enough that you understand now.
What state is it "difficult" to apply in?

What state's make you apply with a paper application?

What states make you front the entire tag fee now, compared to say 20 years ago?

I used to have 10-15K out of my bank account rolling around in the various draw, after filling out paper applications for my wife and I. Lots of states you couldn't apply with a credit card, remember?

I don't have even 1k out of my account these days sloshing around in the draws. I can't remember the last time I applied for anything with a paper application. I can't remember the last time I had to get a MO or Cashiers check to apply for a tag.

You have selective outrage...the States are the biggest culprit with the most giant easy button. They want lots of people to apply, they have made it easy.

JFK

WKR
As if GoHunt hasn’t made it exceedingly easy to wade through the data….we need someone to spoon feed an audience on how to use GoHunt? With record numbers of applicants year over year across many states you really need to ask yourself why someone would so actively try to get even more people to put in. We have adequate interest in hunting! That’s like selling cheap tickets to get into a sold out baseball game.

Videos put out to the whole world about what state is the best “value”. Guess what…if part of the value is being able to actually draw a tag, then it just became less valuable.

Mtnboy

WKR
What state is it "difficult" to apply in?

What state's make you apply with a paper application?

What states make you front the entire tag fee now, compared to say 20 years ago?

I used to have 10-15K out of my bank account rolling around in the various draw, after filling out paper applications for my wife and I. Lots of states you couldn't apply with a credit card, remember?

I don't have even 1k out of my account these days sloshing around in the draws. I can't remember the last time I applied for anything with a paper application. I can't remember the last time I had to get a MO or Cashiers check to apply for a tag.

You have selective outrage...the States are the biggest culprit with the most giant easy button. They want lots of people to apply, they have made it easy.

Man, I wish I was as good at ignoring reality as you are.

Of course it's easier to apply than it's ever been, that actually reinforces the argument that we don't need influencers breaking down every single step to make it even easier.

No need to respond, we aren't going to change each others minds.

BuzzH

WKR
Man, I wish I was as good at ignoring reality as you are.

Of course it's easier to apply than it's ever been, that actually reinforces the argument that we don't need influencers breaking down every single step to make it even easier.

No need to respond, we aren't going to change each others minds.
Again, you can make one phone call and the gal/guy at the GF office will walk you right through the application process.

Instead of high-pitched whining...go find a way to make it more difficult to apply.

Good luck with that, because that is your best bet to make any kind of significant change.

Unless you can shut down the internet, phones, and SM.