Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

Rob5589

WKR
This stuff is the problem! Why can't the influencers just entertain, why do they feel the need to "inform" too? How to draw tags? More like how to screw up even more what's already screwed up! This info is already out there for those that really want it, and earn it. Randy, I used to like your schtick, but you've gone too far recently. We don't need more easy buttons. You're killing the Golden Goose.

Edit: I deleted the video upon further thought. Why draw even more attention to it? Sorry, carry on. Nothing to see here. Mods can feel free to delete thread.
While I don't disagree, your post has actually done the opposite of it's intended purpose; you've helped bring attention to Randy's video. In the media world any publicity is good publicity.

ODB

WKR
Hard to say, I think if you watch youtube hunting shows similar things pop up that you don’t have to be subscribed to, so it’s easy to see even if you don’t search it out or even watch it, the titles usually say all it has to.

70% of what people click on while on YouTube are the suggested videos on the right. Google knows what you like and knows how to keep you engaged.

tdhanses

WKR
We were told right here on Rokslide by Randy that there's no money in it.

So, the influencers just must like having people dry humping their leg
There’s plenty of people making a living off youtube, takes them years to develop a following but for many it’s become their sole income. Youtube has started to crack down and demonetize some hunting content, hence Randy made his own platform to pay to watch his stuff.

There is plenty of money in it once established and as long as content is provided consistently.

Mtnboy

WKR
Again, you can make one phone call and the gal/guy at the GF office will walk you right through the application process.

Instead of high-pitched whining...go find a way to make it more difficult to apply.

Good luck with that, because that is your best bet to make any kind of significant change.

Unless you can shut down the internet, phones, and SM.
You just proved my point for me and you don't even realize it. Thanks.

I guess that was my point. These threads are always started by someone who watches the content they say they don't like.

Seems the content would naturally dry up if people stopped watching it?

That's kinda the point, but it's the new comers that view the content, so as long as new people are being introduced the content will be viewed.

The question is more, what should the content be for newcomers?
I think.

I mean I'm sure there's videos with 100k views on how to debone an animal, I sure ain't watching it.

Mtnboy

WKR
When you make it harder to apply, get back to me...

Until then, you haven't done anything but whine.

Good luck again, with that.

Thanks for crying.

You are truly clueless. But I understand it, BHA membership is tanking so you have to beat the R3 drum to try to attract more newbies to get more members.

It's not reality to make it "harder" to apply, but what we can do is speak out against those who are pimping out these resources for their own selfish gain. I understand that this concept won't make sense to you.

It's ok, I forgive you.

Last edited:

BuzzH

WKR
You are truly clueless. But I understand it, BHA membership is tanking so you have to beat the R3 drum to try to attract more newbies to get more members.

It's not reality to make it "harder" to apply, but what we can do is speak out against those who are pimping out these resources for their own selfish gain. I understand that this concept won't make sense to you.

It's ok, I forgive you.
Oh, so speaking out on SM about SM is going to make it better...got it.

You aren't going to do a single thing to stop what's going on...and that's a fact, the only fact that really matters.

Mtnboy

WKR
Oh, so speaking out on SM about SM is going to make it better...got it.

You aren't going to do a single thing to stop what's going on...and that's a fact, the only fact that really matters.

Given your connection to and experience with BHA you should be familiar with not doing anything but speaking out on social media.

BuzzH

WKR
Given your connection to and experience with BHA you should be familiar with not doing anything but speaking out on social media.
Beings how I never have had a fake-book, instagram, or linkedin account...I'll defer to your area of expertise on whining about those.

Mtnboy

WKR
Beings how I never have had a fake-book, instagram, or linkedin account...I'll defer to your area of expertise on whining about those.

I'm sorry for arguing with you, it's obvious you don't have high reading comprehension as you have clearly missed my point on several occasions.

Apologies again for wasting both of our time.

Best of luck with the hunter recruitment bud.

BuzzH

WKR
I'm sorry for arguing with you, it's obvious you don't have high reading comprehension as you have clearly missed my point on several occasions.

Apologies again for wasting both of our time.

Best of luck with the hunter recruitment bud.
No luck involved...the two I've recruited in the last decade aren't incessant high-pitched whiners, but are stone cold killers...and my nephews as well.

And they have no problem drawing NR tags in Wyoming.

mlgc20

WKR
I get that these types of videos make it slightly easier to understand the draw situation in the various states. But, let's not pretend Randy is explaining rocket science or cold fusion. I don't like competing against more folks for fewer tags either. But, these types of videos seem way down on the list of problems I would want addressed.

Netherman

WKR
You guys sound like a bunch of landowners with public land access that they have landlocked or corner locked. "This resource is paid for by and intended for the use of everyone, but I should be the only one allowed to use this part of it".

I haven't watched the video, but unless he is identifying specific units I don't really see a problem. Demystifying the application process shouldn't even be a thing. State F&G offices should be sending Randy fruit baskets for explaining the mess they've made.

While I'd prefer no one knew to apply for AZ strip, Gila, mountain goat, or bighorn sheep tags; I realize that keeping public lands requires votes and that those votes by and large come from users. So have at it boys, apply for those deer hunts, elk hunts, float permits, campsite permits, or whatever gets you out there. I wish you the best of luck (behind mine) and an awesome experience.