Stop it. We don't need this anymore.

Mtnboy

WKR
More info please.

He poached a wolf, several threads on here about it. I know everyone hates wolves but poaching is poaching.

He was also busted for filming in the Wildnerness without a permit. He also filmed with a drone in the Wildnerness.

Dude is far from a shining example of ethics.

sneaky

"DADDY"
More info please.
His wolf he killed in N Idaho and then tried to throw everyone else under the bus for. There's a thread on here somewhere about it unless it got nuked.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OMB

sneaky

"DADDY"
He poached a wolf, several threads on here about it. I know everyone hates wolves but poaching is poaching.

He was also busted for filming in the Wildnerness without a permit. He also filmed with a drone in the Wildnerness.

Dude is far from a shining example of ethics.
I had almost forgotten about the film permit deal. Another one where he claimed he didn't know the rules.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OMB

pk_

WKR
I find it mildly disappointing that the general gist of the complaints in this thread are “It was hard for me to figure out and I’m mad the barrier of entry in my hobby isn’t higher.”

Western hunting is hard. We don’t need this gatekeeping crap too. The “hand holding” and “too easy” argument doesn’t hold much water for me. Do we really think these people would never figure out how to apply for tags without Randy et al?

How many hunters are really using these application strategies anyways? Can the guys demanding the proof on other topics provide the proof on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunting out of state is extremely easy nowadays. It’s not just social media and info available tho, it is that combined with the mapping apps, gps etc…

Drive across the country with a paper map. Then go deep into unfamiliar public ground with a topo and a compass and get back to me if you don’t think so (I don’t know you, perhaps you have done this in the past, I am not trying to be disrespectful, just stating my opinion).

Also think about what you are saying. If people didn’t want and use this application content, then why on earth would he be making it(every season)? He is not an ignorant man, these guys get thousands of emails and messages and questions. Where do you think they get the ideas for their content? From what the people want and ask about…

Anyways.

It’s easy to point at influencers and get mad (some of them deserve it). But I do believe @Randy Newberg is one of the good guys, even if I do feel that he is guilty of adding to the spoon fed information and silver platter success that some of today’s hunters enjoy.

But then again, so are guys like me, who have been out here sharing info and trying to help others on forums find success in the field, for a decades. Heck most of the information and tactics discussed by these influencers is/was poached off of forums like this one.

So if you are here to complain about this, you may need to look in the mirror. Because you likely came to this forum to either 1)get information or 2)give information. Don’t say you’re just here for the classifieds either, cause this is the wrong section. 🤣

Hunting out of state is extremely easy nowadays. It’s not just social media and info available tho, it is that combined with the mapping apps, gps etc…

I think we are actually agreeing with each other in a complex way. It’s definitely easier. I don’t necessarily think being pissed at someone like Randy is a reasonable response. Being mad that it’s easier now than it used to be just seems to be a silly way to live your life. Figure it out. Or… move to Wyoming. That’s pretty easy also.

Reactions: pk_
Hunting pressure and getting tags these days is getting rough. I wish I started about 10 years before I did with out of state hunting. Now I am hoping that someday things will swing the other way. If it doesn't I feel for the younger kids trying to get a tag.
As a newbie just starting out I can say threads like this are massively discouraging to say the least.

fatlander

WKR
7be0ea8e8ba40bdac291048e84c2da10.jpg

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
As a newbie just starting out I can say threads like this are massively discouraging to say the least.

I don’t get mad at other hunters. I do think that there are a few hunters out there (fat cats with major pull-money and connections) that the sport could do without. They are always stirring the pot. Trying to get us average guys, that have the love for hunting and the outdoors no different than theirs, against one another. It should not be a rich man’s game. Paying big bucks for a hunt is not my thing. I will always root for the little guy. Helping one another should be a no brainer.

Gobbler36

WKR
This stuff is the problem! Why can't the influencers just entertain, why do they feel the need to "inform" too? How to draw tags? More like how to screw up even more what's already screwed up! This info is already out there for those that really want it, and earn it. Randy, I used to like your schtick, but you've gone too far recently. We don't need more easy buttons. You're killing the Golden Goose.

Edit: I deleted the video upon further thought. Why draw even more attention to it? Sorry, carry on. Nothing to see here. Mods can feel free to delete thread.
Couldn’t agree more
Matt Rinella is spot on with everything he’s put out.

These guys have ruined hunting not just the west, the hunting public, seek one outdoors all these people are in it for one thing that’s $ and self promotion to pat their ego.

Only way to fight it is to not consume their content

squirrel

WKR
Next year there will be a youtube video series "DIY KaNsAS pUbLic lAnD mOnSTer bULLLLL!!?!!"

I guarantee it.

Followed quickly by a "How to draw a Kansas elk tag every year guaranteed" series by Randy et al.

Followed up with "Pack dump for Kansas elk"

And "Best optics setup for Kansas elk"

And "Why I shoot Bow-Tech for Kansas elk"

And "Why I choose Leupold Sunglasses for Kansas elk"
Every once in a very long while you are rewarded for reading these ridiculous threads... Thank you Potato head! You missed one.

USING PACK LLAMAS FOR KANSAS ELK. (rented from Squirrel, our new SPONSORSHIP)

Ucsdryder

WKR
If you don’t think this crap is true listen to any of the new Q and A podcasts that remi warren does…. “Hi remi, I’m a new hunter and I have a question…”. Every single time…

Ten Bears

WKR
I sure wish everyone else would stop hunting so I could have it all to myself.

That’s not what people are saying.

It’s people turning wildlife into a business through the process of extreme hand holding every single facet of learning the craft.while trying to justify it as recruitment.

def90

WKR
Well, if Randy's "how to get a tag" videos are ruining it for everybody it sure doesn't seem like it. Go to any Colorado elk forum or facebook page and there is a daily post from someone that doesn't understand how to get a tag. Everybody has to start somewhere. Would like to know where the OP started? Maybe he was lucky and he grew up with it? Some people are just getting started and don't have the convenience of daddy showing them how so I guess Randy hecomes daddy.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, if Randy's "how to get a tag" videos are ruining it for everybody it sure doesn't seem like it. Go to any Colorado elk forum or facebook page and there is a daily post from someone that doesn't understand how to get a tag. Everybody has to start somewhere. Would like to know where the OP started? Maybe he was lucky and he grew up with it? Some people are just getting started and don't have the convenience of daddy showing them how so I guess Randy hecomes daddy.
I'll have to ask my mentor if he got me into hunting to make an extra buck or two for himself.

He still doesn't sell T shirts or have a site to smash and subscribe so I'm guessing that wasn't his motivation. Comparing the two way separate things sure doesn't sit well with me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tod osier

WKR
I'll have to ask my mentor if he got me into hunting to make an extra buck or two for himself.

He still doesn't sell T shirts or have a site to smash and subscribe so I'm guessing that wasn't his motivation. Comparing the two way separate things sure doesn't sit well with me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I was going to like this post, but that is not enough. Well put.