Stop saying “but”

As in, “not the biggest, but”...

If the damn animal is big enough to kill, it should be big enough to make you happy. Own that shit! Be fired up that your freezer is full and you managed to accomplish something primal. You literally just engaged, and succeeded, in a tradition as old as time itself. No need for qualifying statements!

Dont forget to walk up to that died calf and say. " In your face mother@$&!@$" and rip your knife out cut him open and take a bit of his heart. Damn right

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
As in, “not the biggest, but”...

If the damn animal is big enough to kill, it should be big enough to make you happy. Own that shit! Be fired up that your freezer is full and you managed to accomplish something primal. You literally just engaged, and succeeded, in a tradition as old as time itself. No need for qualifying statements!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
I used to chase big ones all the time, now all I care about is a good time with friends and family, and honestly get a bigger kick helping others get an animal. I’ll shoot any size as long as I’m having a good time, or none at all. I just like being out there.

This year I’m taking my 5 year old hunting, I’d say the odds are decreased a bit, I don’t really care. It will be a great time win or lose. I’d like a little forky, maybe I’ll take a hero shot for the photo contest =)

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
Well, if you had used Trumpkin the Vertically Challenged as your screen name......I wouldn't have used "dwarf". ;)

But you have to admit "not the biggest, but" coming from Trumpkin the Dwarf is pretty funny.

It's hilarious! And the best part is, I didn't see the irony when I posted. The username is an old one, and a character from a book. I just kept it consistent across forums. It's really ironic because I'm 6'5"!

OP
Trumpkin The Dwarf
Agreed. I also wish people would stop saying "I shot a meat buck".
I dunno... I kinda like that term for situations that aren't really hunting. I.e. I popped a buck off the back porch at the ranch because I needed meat in the freezer.

ElkNut1

WKR
I agree with you 100% -- Not much pisses me off more than a guy coming on here or any site & acting apologetic over a bull he SETTLED for! There's too much social media bull shit that puts pressure on hunters these days like it's a competition. It takes so much of the fun out of things like it was years back!

ElkNut

SMOKYMTN

WKR
I think its forums like this and social media that people feel they need to have a but. Like you said be proud of it and move on. Who cares what someone else thinks about that animal you decided to pull the trigger on.

It's the hunting culture as a whole. You could see it building in the late 90's and peak through the 2000's with the "hitlist", "we named this buck.....", "what'll he score" craze spreading en masse. When trophy hunting became the rule, it made everyone else feel like they had to justify their kills.

archp625

WKR
It's the hunting culture as a whole. You could see it building in the late 90's and peak through the 2000's with the "hitlist", "we named this buck.....", "what'll he score" craze spreading en masse. When trophy hunting became the rule, it made everyone else feel like they had to justify their kills.
I agree.