Stop Shooting Until New Strings Come In? (See Photo)

What Would YOU Do?

• Keep Shooting

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Wait For New Strings

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Rodéo

WKR
Bought a used bow a while back and the string looked about the same, maybe a little better than it is now. It's a 2018 PSE and it looks like it still has stock strings. It's fraying where the peep is tied in and I already have a set of JBK's on order but I got out and shot this morning and every time I drew back I couldn't help but think of all those posts that resulted from strings blowing up in people's faces. There's some minor fraying on other parts of the string but it's worst at the peep (see photo). Also a little serving separation but nothing that concerns me in terms of being potentially dangerous, unlike the string.

I can still shoot my other bow but I finally got some time on my hands so I wanted to get out and shoot both.

What does RS think?

Edit: made it a poll, feel free to comment too

Attachments

• IMG_3375.JPG
    IMG_3375.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 97
I wouldn't be terribly concerned with the string around your peep, I have shot worse. I'd definitely be replacing, but I wouldn't stop shooting it.

Where is the serving seperation? If in your center serving that can be from string damage under the serving from the loop, I have seen that. Not the only cause of it, but the center serving will start to seperate from it.

OP
Rodéo

Rodéo

WKR
It's mostly around the posts where the strings are attaching to the cams as for the serving separation. That and around the center serving and some around the serving on the roller guards. None of that is too concerning though. I just didn't want that frayed string near the peep to be a weak point and blow up near my eyeball... that would not be great.

S.Clancy

WKR
Those look brand new compared to the ones I just replaced. Just need a little wax is all.