Stop the wolf....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddogy

WKR
Game agencies are controlled by anti hunting progressives and comparing Wyoming with Washington,

Did you manage to look at the population of humans in Wyoming vs Washington, Colorado , Oregon , Wisconsin etc vs wolf population and available land?

Sad that some lack the intellect to look at all the data.Go ahead and worship your wolves in Wyoming where you can shoot , trap, use poison and arial shooting. And the elk have much more escapement there. The wolves in the above states drive the mule deer, elk down to the ranches, while killing livestock, and remain around the ranches , wintering ranges and continue to kill elk, deer and livestock because they have no fear of humans.
and then to add to the extermination of ungulates , at least in the case here in Idaho where I live . when the elk are driven down to the low country/ winter range earlier then they historically did before the wolves were unleashed on them, the fish and games answer to this new problem is to triple the number of tags , to please the ranchers , who cry deprovation.

I get that management is tough and there will be critics to any policy , but COME ON , for crying out loud. wiping out the herds is NOT the answer.
don't get me wrong, I DO NOT blame the fish and game . I DO NOT blame the ranchers.
I lay the blame on the"puppy lovers", who constantly block the efforts, of those who are experts in wildlife management , of managing.

the answer is letting fish and game actually manage the wolves/predators with a rational plan that at least attempts to take other species , into account.

most rational people , would find it more reasonable to contain(not exterminate) the wolf/predator population over the extermination of the ungulates .

I know the puppy lovers will disagree(even though most of them consider this the ultimate goal to shut down the" evil gun toters") but that is exactly what the states where they have been reintroduced are facing. sure they may not be extinct in our lifetimes but at this rate it will surely be soon after our demise. but hey, why pretend to care about the future generations?? not our problem ,right??????

o.k . rant over.

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
Don't let your Labrador or little fluffy get too close to them. I have seen them kill a few other dogs. They are not social with other canines.

kiddogy

WKR
Don't let your Labrador or little fluffy get too close to them. I have seen them kill a few other dogs. They are not social with other canines.
lol . they just doin what wolves do. and let's face it ,fluffies purpose in life is nutrition.

I have yet to hear a rebuttal from the wolf lovers as to why we don't just use hunters to manage Deer/Elk populations?

Hunters and license fees are a big net positive vs. the millions of $$ and resources currently WASTED because of wolves in courts, government, ranchers, etc.

Politicians, their cronies, so called environmentalists, and a high rise full of lawyers don’t get rich selling hunting tags and hunting gear, gas, food, lodging etc...

“Government doesn’t solve problems. It subsidizes them”. Ronald Reagan

kiddogy

WKR
Politicians, their cronies, so called environmentalists, and a high rise full of lawyers don’t get rich selling hunting tags and hunting gear, gas, food, lodging etc...

“Government doesn’t solve problems. It subsidizes them”. Ronald Reagan
truer words were never spoken. especially not by any wolf advocates.

cmahoney

WKR
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49939849

You guys need to monitor the fruitcakes better out there.

Thanks for sharing the article. Jehly seems like she really knows her stuff. It’s awesome that she came from San Francisco and started a wolf business in Colorado. I was kind of disappointed that she doesn’t incorporate marijuana into the wolf adventures. “Wolves and Weed” could be an even more “awakening” experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Thanks for sharing the article. Jehly seems like she really knows her stuff. It’s awesome that she came from San Francisco and started a wolf business in Colorado. I was kind of disappointed that she doesn’t incorporate marijuana into the wolf adventures. “Wolves and Weed” could be an even more “awakening” experience.

She should hook up with Charles post, a fellow Kalifornian, have kids and have Sitka and Patagonia team up for some tie dyed edible CDB rich hunting apparel

SWOHTR

WKR
You guys think this is bad, you should hear about my neighborhoods fear of...coyotes. “They stalk people” “I feel so bad for them, we have displaced them, what are they to do?” “OMG THEY ATTACK HUMANS!” “If your pets are outside, you must be outside otherwise your pet will be attacked.” Most of these people are anti-hunting.

And then there’s the guy who organized a neighborhood “lynch mob” to kill nuisance coyotes. They are all armed...with BB guns. Has claimed to have killed 9.

Brought to you from...

San Diego, CA.

KHNC

WKR
BS. I’m surrounded by millions of acres of wilderness, that has had wolves for decades now. We hunt elk with easy to get/OTC tags with long seasons, and ridiculously high success rates. The sky is not falling. Elk behavior has changed, and there are some localized herd number drops. Overall, elk are thriving throughout the west, including areas with strong wolf populations. I think people have gotten lazy, and social media has made elk hunting seem easier than reality.

You obviously have never hunted NW Montana for elk or deer. That place has been hammered by wolves. Also, seems like the same has happened in the Selway-Bitterroot of Idaho where i killed my first bull in 05.

cmahoney

WKR
You guys think this is bad, you should hear about my neighborhoods fear of...coyotes. “They stalk people” “I feel so bad for them, we have displaced them, what are they to do?” “OMG THEY ATTACK HUMANS!” “If your pets are outside, you must be outside otherwise your pet will be attacked.” Most of these people are anti-hunting.

And then there’s the guy who organized a neighborhood “lynch mob” to kill nuisance coyotes. They are all armed...with BB guns. Has claimed to have killed 9.

Brought to you from...

San Diego, CA.

It’s probably directly related to the lack of natural food sources do to climate change.

You are naive if you think they haven't wrecked the Frank and the Selway elk herds. The Clearwater herd used to be the stuff dreams were made of, now it's a memory. What changed? Wolves.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You used to be able to watch the Clearwater herd from the highway all winter. Why? Nowhere else to go. There just isn't any good territory for elk to escape to in that country, once winter hits, all the way from Lolo to Moscow.

260madman

WKR
We’ve got more than enough in Wisconsin. SSS applies in a lot of areas. The DNR knows but can’t prove it. Don’t send your tree huggers here either, we’ve got more than enough of them too.

between the wolves and extremely retarded bear permit process our deer in the northern part of the state have been hammered. Even in cranberry country where the deer used to be really thick the wolves and bears have had a huge impact. 320 acre property had 32 bear removed with another 12 on trailcam. DNR gave them a whopping 2 permits. The state has more than reached recovery goals but we still can’t hunt wolves.

Resist at all costs. They’ll be there naturally. States should do like Texas does with invasive species and game ranch escaped animals and green light the kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.