Stop the wolf....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG358

WKR
THE REAL QUESTION IS; when are we going to start learning from our mistakes?

Sad to say it but .... Never. This is just a stepping stone towards another goal. It certainly wont stop here and they couldn't give 2 shits about the consequences.

Beendare

WKR
lol. This is quality trolling right here.
I too....would like to think that^ is the case.

The reality is much different....and we have seen personal bias in these studies time and again. These biologists got into the field due to a predisposed bias [which in most cases is admirable] and then they need to feed their families just like the rest of us.

Then there is the obvious fact they set out to 'Study wolves reintro'....and not to formulate a solution to the overpopulation of elk in Yellowstone that is economically positive leaving all doors open.

Do you really think there are 'No Strings attached' to this funding? Oh buddy...to some of it of course there is.

Do you really think that all of these studies have no bias? Cmon, the real world examples prove that bias exists.

My Nat Geo example is spot on. They would never profile a solution where a control group of hunters solves the overpopulation of elk. Then you have the celebrity effect- who wouldn't want to be profiled on TV?

Science is constantly working to take the human element out of the equation....which is admirable....but do you really think a scientist sponsored by the pro wolf Defenders of Wildlife is going to come out with a negative study? They know where their bread is buttered.....

Beendare

WKR
Sure a wolf hunt helps...but it seems to me we need to enlighten the general public to the massively underestimated costs involved with wolf introduction.

We have the data from what happened in Yellowstone. We are still discovering the Unintended Consequences but now know much of what happens;
Namely; The massive costs and F&G departments getting hogtied by outside influencers and tied up in the courts.

If the avg Coloradan knew all the many negatives to having wolves in close proximity to human populations....I doubt they would go for it.

Ratbeetle

WKR
The majority of residents of Colorado wants wolves. This will be proven by the vote. Why should a minority group such as elk hunters keep them from getting that opportunity? Hunter's are a selfish bunch. The world revolves around them.

I'm sure wolves will do just fine in Colorado. I just hope they get to hunt them a little sooner than WY ID and MT were able to.

I bolded the most important word in this garbage post. A hunter would have said US. I wonder just how many anti-hunting trolls there are on this site.

As hunters, WE are the ones providing the lion's share of the funding for wildlife conservation. WE have more skin in the game than any other group that might occasionally venture into the backcountry and I think it makes plenty of sense that WE would be upset with a bunch of city dwellers and fair weather RMNP hikers voting for something that has the potential to drastically alter OUR way of life based on nothing but feels.

K

Kootenay Hunter

not to troll, but play devil's advocate. If the re-introduced wolves only decimated the muskrat and ground squirrel population, would everyone here still have the same concern? Should all predators be managed to zero to improve prey populations?

Ratbeetle

WKR
not to troll, but play devil's advocate. If the re-introduced wolves only decimated the muskrat and ground squirrel population, would everyone here still have the same concern? Should all predators be managed to zero to improve prey populations?

I can't speak for everyone here but I personally would not trade a reintroduced species for a massive reduction of any species currently in place.

Unless we're talking ticks...screw ticks.

K

Kootenay Hunter

I can't speak for everyone here but I personally would not trade a reintroduced species for a massive reduction of any species currently in place.

Unless we're talking ticks...screw ticks.

I agree with the ticks!

GregB

WKR
Sure a wolf hunt helps...but it seems to me we need to enlighten the general public to the massively underestimated costs involved with wolf introduction.

We have the data from what happened in Yellowstone. We are still discovering the Unintended Consequences but now know much of what happens;
Namely; The massive costs and F&G departments getting hogtied by outside influencers and tied up in the courts.

If the avg Coloradan knew all the many negatives to having wolves in close proximity to human populations....I doubt they would go for it.

Unfortunately I think a lot of them live in fantasy land, won't listen and are convinced it won't affect them.

JG358

WKR

The folks trying to push this through use what happened in Yellowstone as a pro for their side? Go check out their website... they use the same stats to promote the movement that hunters are using to stop it.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I see problems in MN. I rarely see moose tracks in the spring that aren’t followed by several wolves. I have to assume they’re following cows about to drop.

When I saw the title, I thought it was a "Stop the wolf threads" comment, to which I could completely agree. They are utterly pointless pot stirring exercises on an otherwise helpful and useful forum.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
[QUOTE="Newtosavage, post: 1385857, member: 27273"They are utterly pointless pot stirring exercises on an otherwise helpful and useful forum.[/QUOTE]

It's a big ******* deal! Wolves are a tool animal rights groups are funding to try and stop hunting. Giant billboard everywhere in Colorado to try and push it though using whatever means necessary. Funding mostly with money being pumped in from outside the state. Sorry you can't understand that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Backyard

WKR
I see problems in MN. I rarely see moose tracks in the spring that aren’t followed by several wolves. I have to assume they’re following cows about to drop.
Huh? Most in MN arent lucky enough to see even a moose track anymore. At least not in the arrowhead region.

[QUOTE="Newtosavage, post: 1385857, member: 27273"They are utterly pointless pot stirring exercises on an otherwise helpful and useful forum.
It's a big ******* deal! Wolves are a tool animal rights groups are funding to try and stop hunting. Giant billboard everywhere in Colorado to try and push it though using whatever means necessary. Funding mostly with money being pumped in from outside the state. Sorry you can't understand that.

[/QUOTE]
It's not uncommon for me to have a hard time believing conspiracy theories. Must be why I don't own any tinfoil hats.

My point was that nothing will be decided here and these threads are just an exercise in pot stirring and complaining with no real value.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not uncommon for me to have a hard time believing conspiracy theories. Must be why I don't own any tinfoil hats.

My point was that nothing will be decided here and these threads are just an exercise in pot stirring and complaining with no real value.
I disagree on important issues everyone needs to take a stand after educating themselves.

It's a hunting issue being discussed on a hunting forum seems pretty logical.

xwiscony

FNG
Podcast? Do you remember which one? I would love to listen to it. There was also a podcast with a CO game warden talking about elk and elk calf survival rate/cow pregnancy etc. Its seems like all the traffic in the spring in the high country is affecting elk numbers. It was a great listen. And goes to show how many different factors affect ungulate populations. Some are obvious like wolves, hunters etc, some not so much......
Yes I believe its Podcast 166 hunting with Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.