Storing clothes anxiety

Drenalin

WKR
These work well for relieving any scent-related anxiety I may have: Windfloaters

Like someone else mentioned, I feel like when I stopped worrying about things I couldn't realistically control, I was able to focus on stuff that actually makes me a better hunter. I'm still mediocre, but that's better than where I was.

Marshmi

FNG
+1 for baking soda boxes in a sealed tote for storage, occasionally washing next to skin layers in scent-free detergent and hang drying outside during the season. Overkill to some, but it isn’t much hassle to throw the tote in your car and change at the parking area to avoid even more smells.

OP
F
ok officially done with scent control except for my boots!.. aint worth the hassle and the worrying. ill just play the wind

Donjuan

WKR
Every year I get crazy about scent. I mostly tree stand hunt with my bow. I get anxiety when it comes to scent on my clothes and gear.

how do you guy store your hunting clothes in the off season?

Am I to overboard? They will smell me and my breath regardless of how crazy I am with scent control on my clothes ?

I no they say to wash and hang dry clothes but it’s to cold out to dry outside. Should I just not care and leave them inside and ozone them and spray them down with scent killer and leave outside a Week before the season starts?

haha
Thanks
I wash them with peroxide, hang to dry and store them in a large tote with cedar branches underneath. Seems to work for me

Donjuan

WKR
I had a buddy that bought some scent lok leafy wear one time. I was following him through the woods and he farted. I told him right then that is carbon must have been all used up, cause it didn't block anything lol

I am not saying what other people are doing is wrong, I am just not dedicated enough to follow a strict regimen like some others are doing. I will say that I don't like getting gas and all that wearing them either. I try not to do anything crazy.
Lol I saw a YouTube video with the bone collector guys farming and seeing if they could smell it

jrm02

FNG
Once the season starts mine live in a pile in the living room.
I believe that once I excepted the fact that I can't hide from a Deer's nose, I became a better hunter, and was more successful.

I've been there and done that with scent control.
Same. I did the scent control thing, it was a lot of work and worry, and in my opinion not worth it. Once I stopped worrying about, I focused on the more important things (habitat, terrain features, etc.), and started filling more tags (or at least started having more opportunities to fill tags, lol).

SpookySpectre308

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I have a second washer and dryer dedicated to hunting clothes. I have cedar closet I use to keep all my stuffing hanging uncompressed before airing them out the week before I start hunting. I use all the sprays and love me some raccoon piss. Can't tell you how many deer I've seen pick up that scent and follow it a few steps before not caring. I used to bring a pickup truck full of totes so I could damn near change every sit but I noticed some deer don't care and some do. It seems as though they all tolerate a different amount of our stench before they GTFO.

That being said, the more I read about a deer's ability to pick out our scent, the less anxious I get knowing my efforts may be all for naught. It's mainly come down to me knowing that I did what I could so I don't feel bad getting busted. I still keep all my outer garments as scent free as possible when back at camp and have switched to merino base layers as they are anti microbial and can go a week before my nose can pick anything up.

If you are fortunate to only hunt when the wind is right and have multiple stand options to accommodate, stick to that plan. Nothing will beat that. In my case, I have to rely on getting up REALLY high because we have few options and with the number of family members hunting, all stands are getting used regardless of the wind.

DANNY-L

Lil-Rokslider
After the first week human scent is completely through majority of hunting areas so going overboard with scent control doesn't help a lot.

Poser

WKR
Whitetails hunters just aren’t any fun.

dfd8fc0548979034a02e113791017d1f.jpg