storing sleeping bag

I know that you are not supposed to store your down sleeping bag compressed. But obviously when your backpacking (or about to go) you obviously compress it for a certain amount of time.

I'm wondering how long is it ok to leave it compressed??? I'm about to leave for an Alaskan Dall Sheep hunt. Will be a 2-4 day trip to fly out, get to base camp and actually head out to hunt. Its obviously gonna have to be stored compressed to a certain degree, but how long is too long? Or am I thinking too much here?

ODB

WKR
Thinking too much.

I wouldn't store it longer than about a week compressed, but even at that, it will likely just take a fluffing to allow the quills to stretch out. Do what you can to not compress it super tight when you travel, and as soon as you can, get it out and let it relax. I've never had issues with down bags and that's all Ive ever used for going on 40 years. Have fun

mlgc20

WKR
Thinking too much.

I wouldn't store it longer than about a week compressed, but even at that, it will likely just take a fluffing to allow the quills to stretch out. Do what you can to not compress it super tight when you travel, and as soon as you can, get it out and let it relax. I've never had issues with down bags and that's all Ive ever used for going on 40 years. Have fun
Agree 100 percent. A 4-day stretch here and there isn’t going to hurt your bag. When I’m traveling with my bag/quilt, I try and use a compression sack instead of a stuff sack. During travel I leave the compression sack as loose as possible. Then I cinch it down when I’m actually backpacking.

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
I could be mistaken, but I thought synthetic insulation was more vulnerable to damage from compression than down. But also, I thought this damage was typically only due to long term storage(10-11 months in off season), while compressed. I'm genuinely curious, am I wrong on this?

Marble

WKR
It's the long term damage that affects them. Not short term stuff.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
So you guys saying my synthetic bag I have always stored in a stuff sack not compressed but normal sack 10 years at one time is shot 🤦🏻‍♂️

are there any bags you can leave in a stuff sack? I read wiggys but they seem heavy