story ideas

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone- as in all 10 of us:)
I'm putting together an article for Rokslide on getting set up to hunt big mule deer with a smokepole. Is there anything you'd like to see addressed in the article?

So far, I'm planning:

1) Good opportunities in the western states for big deer
2) Laws in each state
3) Best caliber (that'll get touchy)
4) Set up from guns, bullet, sighting system

Any help would be great. If our muzz thread is to survive, I gotta build some energy to attract some muzz hunters over here. I'm the first to admit we need more here. Tell friends please!

dotman

WKR
Well this might be a seperate topic to write up but how about a write up for those of us thinking about getting a smoke pole? It would be great to know exactly how to get setup for the first time owner of one of these guns and what items are needed to actually fire a smoke pole etc, might help get a few on the fence to takethe leap. I'm sure there are websites covering what a first timer needa to know but would be great to have it here. :)

Kind of a beginners guide :)

TwoTikkas

WKR
This could,(and should) mutate into a series of articles. Your first instinct is spot on. This is the season of waiting for tags,and planning the years hunt(s). As well as developing new interests to broaden our horizons and opertunities. The deer / muzzy article would be a great starting place. From there you could branch out into other species,as well as the nuts and bolts article(s) dotman described. Good luck and good idea my friend. Looking forward to the read.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Been working on the article and got to interview Steve Alderman yesterday. For those of you who might not know him, he's the producer for Lowland Mulies video series and an over-the-top muzzleloader hunter. Great interview and I learned a lot about his take on the sport and much about him as a hunter. Will be sharing in the article when it's done.