Stove diy rod choice

Do any of you stove builders see any issues using .25 inch aluminum solid rods for holding a cylinder stove together? Using three if that matters. Thanks again

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Based on the fact google is indicating titanium oxidizes bluish (which the stove body does after burning) at 50-75% of the melting point of aluminum you are going to likely loose a lot of the strength while hot. That may or may not cause you issues: set a pot of water on the top rods they may warp for instance.

Personally I think I would stick with steel rods at elevated temps, they can be thinner to offset the weight issue.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Aluminum is a bad choice. If aluminum would work I would think someone would have already made a stove out of it. I'd stick with stainless or titanium rods. Melting point is your biggest drawback as has already been mentioned

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
Justin.Medcalf
Aluminum is a bad choice. If aluminum would work I would think someone would have already made a stove out of it. I'd stick with stainless or titanium rods. Melting point is your biggest drawback as has already been mentioned

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sounds good thanks guys!