Stove for 12 man tipi

bellboy

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for advice on purchasing a stove for a 12 man tipi and possibly using the same stove in a silver tip. Preferably I'd like to have only one light weight stove. Would a 16" tigoat stove be enough for the the 12 man? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JigStick

WKR
Not sure about the TiGoat because I don't have one. But the Seek Outside XL Titanium stove does a good job heating my 16 man Seek Outside Tipi. I think it would heat a 12 person tipi really well. and probably roast you out of a silvertip. How does the TiGoat one you are looking at compare in volume to the XL SO titanium?

OP
B

bellboy

Lil-Rokslider
The ti goat is (660 cu in) 7.5"(diameter)x 16"(long) and only weighs 1lb 14oz with 7' of stove pipe.

What is the size and weight of your so xl?

LaGriz

WKR
bellboy,
I remember looking at an oversized ED-T cylinder stove with a 10" diameter. This Ti stove in a 16-18" length would have some pretty good capacity for a longer burn time. Also a longer stove means less saw work to cut the wood to fit it. I also like the "Sheppard " stove from Hill People Gear. I don't know if they are still available.

LaGriz

Not sure about the TiGoat because I don't have one. But the Seek Outside XL Titanium stove does a good job heating my 16 man Seek Outside Tipi. I think it would heat a 12 person tipi really well. and probably roast you out of a silvertip. How does the TiGoat one you are looking at compare in volume to the XL SO titanium?

^^^^This. I have the same stove for my 12 person tipi and it has been going strong now for the last 5 years. The main features that I like about it is: 1. The door is big enough to put big sticks/small logs into it, and 2. it is deep enough to easily put a full size Duraflame log in, when using it in areas where wood is not available.

The ti goat is (660 cu in) 7.5"(diameter)x 16"(long) and only weighs 1lb 14oz with 7' of stove pipe.

What is the size and weight of your so xl?

A buddy of mine has a Ti Goat stove (can't remember which one), and IMO the biggest issue with it is not being able to put anything of any substantial diameter through the door. It seems like you have to almost constantly be tending to it/feeding it, for it to stay lit.

OP
B

bellboy

Lil-Rokslider
I noticed the door does seem small. It looks like the lite outdoors stoves have the largest door

Look at Lite outdoors. Many sizes, pretty light. I have an 18" for a "6 man" tipi and it will send you out the door. They redesigned the doors a year or two ago and they are really big. Good service and I have been very happy with mine.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438528056232.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438528056232.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 15