Stove Jack In 4 season tent

Does anyone know a reputable company who could see a stove jack into a Mountain Hardwear Trango 3? I would like it to look somewhat professional, not just me stitching and cutting by hand. It’s too slick for my wife’s sewing machine, otherwise I would have her see one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know a reputable company who could see a stove jack into a Mountain Hardwear Trango 3? I would like it to look somewhat professional, not just me stitching and cutting by hand. It’s too slick for my wife’s sewing machine, otherwise I would have her see one in.

Will a standard tent like that not go up into an inferno if/when an ember pops out of the stove?

Poser

WKR

Jimbob

WKR
Will a standard tent like that not go up into an inferno if/when an ember pops out of the stove?

I don't think tipis are made out of any special fire retardant material. Not the exact same material but tipis will burn just like a tent will.

OP
D
That's where my thoughts were as well. I'd have a liner and the sew in jacks have fiberglass surrounds. From what I've seen, it requires an angled stove pipe and obviously a spark arrester. I've seen a couple of other Mountain Hardware tents that had them added, but looked horrible on the tailoring, which in my experience translates to durability.

I don't think tipis are made out of any special fire retardant material. Not the exact same material but tipis will burn just like a tent will.

Yea, but tipis also dont have a floor

OP
D
I agree on the lack of a floor. That was/is a concern, and I was planning on using something fire retardant underneath the stove itself.

Poser

WKR
I agree on the lack of a floor. That was/is a concern, and I was planning on using something fire retardant underneath the stove itself.

Back when I bought a TiGoat stove some years back, it came with a heat shield floor panel. I would assume for this purpose. It would also help to put a flat rock in front of the stove door to catch any sparks while loading the stove.

KineKilla

WKR
Go to harbor freight and buy a welding blanket. They're not 100% heat resistant but will prevent spark burn holes and help with heat.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

JohnD116

FNG
Winnerwell makes a fire retardant mat but I’ve used it in a wall tent and it still heated up enough to make a mark on the floor material of the heavy duty wall tent floor.

I recently got another, smaller, canvas hot tent but it’s got a sewn in tarp like floor. I just went to Amazon and bought a mat that is thick and fire retardant. It is designed to go under your bbq grill to prevent heat damage to your deck. I haven’t tried it yet.

As far as the stove jack, I wasn’t familiar with your tent but it looks like it’s double walled rip stop nylon. There are a lot of companies that make the sew in jacks but personally, I don’t know if I’d tear into such an expensive tent not knowing if this will work out. Might want to invest in a seek, luxe, or something similar. Or even a buddy heater, using it safely being mindful of carbon monoxide.