Stove jack install advice

boliver29

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone put a stove jack in a big Agnes tent? I have the flying diamond 8 like to have a stove in Alaska. Thoughts advice welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking to add a stove jack to my slumberjack teepee tent. What is the best/your favorite brand of DYI stove jack? I see them from luxe hiking gear, peregrine and bear paw wilderness designs. Probably others too.

My wife says that the luxe looks like the easiest to install, but I wonder about the two piece Velcro design, does that offer another way for water to get into the tent? Seems like if water were running down the tent, it could soak through the two piece Velcro part of the Luxe? Not sure I’m explaining that very well. It doesn’t look like the Peregrine version has a rain flap. Curious about what people here are using and experience.

Bucky44

FNG
I’m looking to add a stove jack to my slumberjack teepee tent. What is the best/your favorite brand of DYI stove jack? I see them from luxe hiking gear, peregrine and bear paw wilderness designs. Probably others too.

My wife says that the luxe looks like the easiest to install, but I wonder about the two piece Velcro design, does that offer another way for water to get into the tent? Seems like if water were running down the tent, it could soak through the two piece Velcro part of the Luxe? Not sure I’m explaining that very well. It doesn’t look like the Peregrine version has a rain flap. Curious about what people here are using and experience.
I used a Bearpaw stove jack, installed using tear-mender, and a few corner stitches "both from Amazon" on a 10' x 14' Kodiak bow-flex tent with an Alaska Kni-Co stove. Just finished my 40th night using this setup hunting in the interior of Alaska keeping me warm and dry without a problem.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
I want to add a small stove to my kodiak 10x10 just wandering if its worth the effort being so small.
I've been thinking of this for my 10x14 Kodiak, but am sticking with my Mr. Buddy heater + a 20lb propane tank until I get in too high elevation for the buddy heater to work.

Eddie

OP
boliver29

boliver29

Lil-Rokslider
Putting the stove jack in the vestibule that doesn’t have a floor what do you think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c924bd9dfa9586ab7c6576533b9fca03.png

Legend

WKR
I installed one in a moumtain hardwear hoopster tent. I cut the square out and installed velcrow around the opening. Then sewed velcro around the stove jack boot. Then i sewed velcro to a clear piece a vinyl stuff. So now i have a stove jack for the winter and a window in the summer.

I also sewed a bit of a flap on the upside of the jack to prevent water from coming through the window.

Good luck